Chapter 27

Before the book starts I just want to thank all of you for your very helpful comments! They always make me smile! It means the world to me that you comment, so thank you!
__________________

"Honey, are you sure you are ready for this? I mean, it's a big decision." Philip said.

"Yes, I'm sure," I said.

"Say it," Philip said.

"Yes, I'm sure Charming." I smiled as he gave my arm a squeeze.

I handed the box to Philip because my hands were shaking so hard I couldn't hold it very well.

"What letter first?" He asked moving his hand to the box.

"Before I can have a future, I need to know more about my past." I said, "I want to know about my families past. Where I'm from." I said. I reached for his hand before saying, "I want to know about my heritage."

"Whatever the lady requires," Philip said smiles as he digs through the box and pulls out a beige envelope with fancy handwriting on the front.

But nothing like my mothers, she had a special curl in her writing. But this on had a curl at the end.

I looked at the letter puzzled, then at Philip who cupped the back of my head sweetly kissing my forehead head. Then kissed his hand, placing it on my stomach.

I smiled down at my stomach. Whatever was in this letter wouldn't change how I looked at the family I had right before me or the life I was living.

I opened the envelope pulling out the paper inside.

When I unfolded it a smaller piece of paper fell to my lap. This was my mothers handwriting.

My Dearest Daughter Y/N, Before your fathers life was lost at sea, he managed to get this letter home to me. You would always ask about your family in Europe but they were all someone that I wanted to forget. I wanted my family secret to die with me but I realized that was unfair.

Your loving mother,

Ellis Fancy

I handed the smaller paper to Philip so he could read it himself.

I had so many questions that I needed answered. I just hoped Papa would give them.

I leaned my back against Philips chest as I held the letter in my hands. Philip put a hand on my non-existing baby bump. He rested his head on my shoulder before planting a kiss on it.

Philip began to read over my shoulder as he rubbed circles on my stomach.

I began to read as well.

My Dearest children,

Hello, it's I, your father. I must have never made it home to see your smiling faces, or else I would have told you this in person. It's about your family line.

Your mother was from Ireland. Your mothers family was enslaved by the British. At one point in her life she lived in England when her master sold her mother, you Grandmother, twin sister, and her to the Royal family.

Her father wasn't in her life. He had had a night of passion with her till she found out she was pregnant with your aunt and mother. He told her "What are you going to do about?" And walked out of her life.

After her sister had fallen ill from the Yellow Fever. The Royal family sold her to a doctor to test on her to use the illness against their enemies. On her way to the doctor, she passed away. She was six years old.