chapter 1

just wanted to tell you that I'm not from an english speaking country, so I want to apologize if there are some mistakes. I hope you'll like it anyways🙃

(This was also pretty much my first time ever writing like this, so it's quite embarrasing. I've tried to make it better, but it is what it is)

Rye's POV
"Wake up Ryan , you're going to be late" my mother shouts, making me groan and turn in my bed.

"I'm coming" I mumble back. It's not like she can hear me but I don't have the energy to shout. I don't have the energy for anything but stay in my bed.

Reluctantly, I walk to my closet and choose a red sweater and black jeans. I walk downstairs and see the twins sit in front of the TV in the livingroom. My older brother, Robbie moved out one a year ago to work in Ireland. I walk into the kitchen to grab some breakfast and to talk with mum for a while.

"Are you excited for school?" mum asks and I scoff. Pretty stupid quiestion.

"No" I simply answer.

"Not even a little?" she asks.

"Not even a little" I answer thruthfully.

It's the first day of school after the summerbreak and it's the first day of the last year in highschool. I suddenly feel my phone vibrate and I see it's Mikey who is texting me.

Mikey: "I'm outside mate xx"
Me: "coming in two seconds"

"I gotta go, Mikey is here" I say and give my mum a kiss on the cheek.

"Have a good day" she says, sending me a smile, and I just hum to an answer.

"How are you doing mate?" Mikey asks as I jump into his car.

"I'm fine, you?" I say.

"Just good" he answers. "This year is gonna be something special" he continues and I don't know what I think about that. It'll probably be just as boring as the previous ones.

I just nod. Mikey is my best friend and the only one I trust. But I don't tell him everything. I haven't told him that I most of the time hate to be popular and that I don't like our other friends. It's a big chance he doesn't like them either, beacuse they can be idiots.
We drive to school and Mikey parks his car. We go out of the car and I immediately see Harvey, Zach and Aaron standing against a wall. Mikey begin walking towards them and I follow, sighing.

"There you are" Harvey greets and I try my best to smile. Harvey and Mikey does their handshake and then they all begin to talk. I try to participate, but my gaze moves to all the other students who is standing or walking in front if the school. Suddenly I see a car pull over and Andy gets out of the car. I don't know his lastname, I only know that he's kinda weird and I think I've never heard him speak. Last year Harvey and Zach was really mean to him. I think they even beat him up a couple of times. Andy is now walking past us and I look at him. Whenever I see him, he's always alone. Kind of sad, actually.

"Hey weirdo, have you missed me?" Harvey asks while laughing. Andy doesn't answer him. I don't laugh along with the others beacuse I literally can't. I've never been a bully, not having it in me to be mean like that to another person.

I move my gaze from Andy to two boys who are holding hands. One of them is fake blonde and the other one is tall and has brown hair. I don't think my friends notice them and that's lucky for them. Harvey kind of has anger issues and he really hates Jack and Brooklyn. I think it's beacuse they're gay and beacuse they're not scared to show it. Last year Harvey bullied them a lot, but they never seem to care. I think that's one of the reasons why Harvey doesn't like them as well. I don't have anything against them, I simply don't care. Maybe I'm not the nicest guy in our school but I never beat anyone up.