𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

i promise that ill go back to groupchat form after this chapter, i know im not the greatest at description sksksk

*description*

after freddie's parents and little sister had headed off to bed, the boys took over the living room.

"john are you sure you're not gonna get scared?" roger eyed the youngest member up in concern. john had a reputation for being quite jumpy. and, given the fact that he was the youngest out of the four of them, the elder three felt the need to protect him.

"for gods sakes, no. ill be fine. stop treating me like a baby. all of you." john snapped, folding his arms across his chest as if he was about to slip into a tantrum. he furrowed his eyebrows and set his vision on the blank tv screen. freddie was crouched down in front of the dvd player, inserting the disk.

"this bloody thing always breaks on me!" he cried, taking the disk out of the player. he blew on it and wiped it with his shirt sleeve. he then put it back in again, crossing his fingers.
but, the screen went blank again.
"oh for fucks sake!" he shouted, tilting his head back in impatience. john giggled and went over to help.

"look, give me the disk," john started, holding his hand out. freddie did as he was told and john inserted his pointer finger in the little hole situated in the centre of the disk.

(as i wrote this i realised how dirty that sounds ^^ but i didnt know any other way to word it soooo)

john blew on the disk and did exactly what freddie did before.
"that isn't going to work, darling, i've just bloody done that," freddie complained, crossing his arms. john only rolled his eyes.

behind them, sat on the sofa, were brian and roger, sniggering at the struggling pair. bri and rog had been holding hands for quite a while, and roger could feel his palm begin to sweat. but, he couldn't bring himself to let go of brian's hand, so he kept it there. sweaty and all.

john furiously scrubbed the disk, and put it back into the disk player. the four of them waited in anticipation.

and then, the screen lit up, showing the menu screen. freddie let out a literal squeal of delight.
"john! dear! you did it! my hero," he chuckled, getting up off the floor to join the blonde and the poodle on the sofa.
"squidge up," freddie instructed, and the pair did as requested. as soon as freddie sat down, john sat down beside him, tucking his head behind his ears so it didn't get in his way.

"uh fred?" roger whispered
"mhm?"
"you need to press play" roger said quietly, trying to let freddie down easy.

"oh for fucKS saKE"

••••

halfway into the movie, john felt his skin start to goose-bump a little, but he didn't dare act upon it or tell anybody because he wanted to prove that he was a 'big boy'. he wasn't the baby. he was just the youngest. he could handle himself. surely.

"uh, can i have a sip of someone's drink?" john whispered in a little squeaky voice. freddie and brian looked at him in confusion; roger was too deep into the film.

"the kitchen is right there, deaks," brian pointed out, nodding towards the room. john looked behind him to see all the lights were off and there was an eerie vibe.