Birth of a Werewolf

Time doesn't change anything. Feelings may fade, but they never leave. The loss of Marcus still weighs heavily on my heart. Six months have passed since he left this world for whatever is after this long life. I play my role and pretend to be happy, but I'm constantly thinking of him and how much I really did love him. The pack understands as does Eric, but at the same time they are constantly worried about me. I've lost many people in this life and know that it happens, but they have all been human and death is always around the corner for them. Marcus was like me and I never thought that there would be a time when we weren't together in some form.

A drop of cold water falls upon my head and I look up at the sky. It's crying for him only it can show it on the outside while mine stays bottled up inside. Another icy cold drop falls on my face. I know I should get up and go back to the house, but I can't bring myself to do it. The happy atmosphere in the house over the coming ceremony doesn't fit with my feelings. I have feelings and I feel much stronger than any human could hope to. The sky has opened and the icy rain is sliding down my, yet I'm not cold. I don't feel the elements like humans do and I'm thankful for it. I hear them coming and looking for me. They worry to much about me. I know that Viktor is out there somewhere with that witch plotting for the next round.

Viktor with the thought of him another stab of pain goes into my heart. I guess that the longer you live the more things can come back to you and cause more pain. I constantly get flashes of that night. Could I have done something to prevent his death? Why wasn't I fast enough? I see the look of shock as his head was removed from his body every time I close my eyes. The look of betrayal that I saw when he looked at me. No one else seems to have seen this look, but I did. Maybe I am projecting my own feelings on that memory, but at the same time my memory is flawless.

“You know that wet dog smell is a dead giveaway that you're coming.” I feel the smirk on my face as I turn and face three giant wolves looking at me with worry. “Seriously you guys need to figure out a way to solve that problem.” I see the look of sorrow in the eyes of the wolves that are looking at me. I can feel as they all try and get into my mind at once. I cock an eyebrow at them and suddenly Blade is standing in front of me.

“You won't let us in anymore.” He whimpers as he looks down at the ground with sadness. “We're all worried about you and just want you to be happy again.” I feel the pain emanating from him and the other wolves with him. I notice that Eric isn't with them and can't help but wonder why.

“I'm in a dark place right now and no one needs to be in my head.” I smile at him as much as I can. “No one needs to be in my head right now, not even me.”

“I think you need to come home now. Everyone is waiting for you.” I see the mischievous sparkle in his eye and can't help the real smile that spreads across my face and yet doesn't touch my eyes. Blade can see this and grabs my wrist pulling me into a tight hug. He suddenly lifts me bridal style and starts to run. It's not as smooth of a run as when I run, it's more animalistic. I smell the forest on his skin and nuzzle deep in his neck inhaling the smell of his pure animalism. I feel the chill run up his spine as I inhale his smell. “Keep those teeth away.” I can feel the sexual tension that is building in him as he runs.

My mind wanders to why Eric didn't come with them to get me and subconsiously I reach for his mind only to encounter a wall. I start to probe the wall looking for any cracks in it. I find one and start to chip away at it. I still feel Blade's muslces tensing under his skin but it's something that is just in the back of my mind as I focus on Eric. The wall starts to crumble and I catch a glimpse of his pain and the feeling of loss that is growing inside him.