Chapter Four

4
#textme

It was the seventeenth of November dated two thousand and eighteen. The Saturday night that I had finally gathered all of my guts and texted you. I'd been thinking about it since Wednesday evening which was when I got your number. It took everything in me not to freak out, but I promised you that this was exactly when I would text you. But what was I going to say?

Kira had managed to convince me that a simple hi wouldn't kill anyone. But here was the thing, a simple text could cause my heart palpitations, which really could kill me.

I took a deep breath and sent you a text.

Your quick responses slowly eased the pacing of my heart, but they didn't stop me from nervously pacing around the room

Your quick responses slowly eased the pacing of my heart, but they didn't stop me from nervously pacing around the room. You were probably seated in yours, your face calm and collected with the usual amused expression you had on your face whilst you looked down at your phone.

I replied back with a response that involved mentioning how my father was torturing me via text and in a joking manner, accused you of doing the same to me. "I knew it. You just wanted me to smoke weed so that you'll be entertained." I had sent out to him.

That text referred back to the time we were at the library. We were always at the library, it became kind of our thing.

Our corporate law class had ended and I had an hour worth of a break, knowing that you had a break too I decided to ask you what you had then.

"I'm just going to study." Your hands quickly moved around the things that were placed on your desk and you skillfully worked your way around your bag whilst you looked at me.

"Oh, all right." I nodded and smiled. "I'll see you around then." And I had let go of the classroom door that I had been holding onto whilst I waited for you to respond and made my way down the stairs with Ella.

"I'm going to walk you to your English class," I told her. We long passed all our classmates and made our way down the second set of stairs that were right outside the building. We walked in silence.

"Lyla!" I heard a male voice call out to me from behind and I stopped in my tracks before turning to look back. It was you. You were walking down the stairs, your feet quick and precise as if you had been trying to catch up with me for a while now. Ella and I waited for you to get closer. You stopped dead in your tracks on the last step.