"Pops no. Just tell me."

"Nah. You gone wait. What you tryna do for yo birthday anyways?"

"Probably get drunk, might get a fake Id and go to the club then after that I'll smoke a little something." I shrugged.

"Aight Dior don't make me fuck you up now. Ain't no club, no fake ID and stay away from the alcohol. When you smoke you roll the blunt. I'll have to pop a nigga if they lace yo shit."

"I know and I don't even like alcohol. All of it taste disgusting."

"And you know that because?"

"I can't hear you you're breaking up." I pressed the mute button a few times. "Love you." I blew him a kiss then hung up.

I finished my cereal and put my bowl in the sink then rushed to brush my teeth and put my hair in a bun.

Ty 🥺 - Come tf on

I rolled my eyes at his message then locked up and got in his car.

"Slow ass."

"If I'm slow then you're mentally retarded. Keep playing wit me."

"You know I'm joking." He leaned over and kissed my cheek before driving. "You slept good?"

"Bro I went to sleep at two something and woke up at five. So no I didn't sleep well, I barely got any."

"Shouldn't be on yo phone then."

"Nigga you FaceTimed me. What I'm sposed to do not answer?"

"And this why I fuck wit you. Ima miss you when you leave." He glanced at me for a second before looking back at the road.

In like a week I'm going to stay with my dad like I usually do when school gets out.

I spend one month here then two months with my dad and come back to my aunt and uncle before school starts back.

My mom passed away when I was in the fifth grade and a few months later after her death my dad got locked up for some years.
So my aunt and uncle have custody of me.

When my dad was incarcerated we always wrote each other letters and he called me frequently so our bond wasn't really affected when he went away. It did hurt not being able to see him or touch him for years.

Since he's on probation he's not allowed to leave his state which is why I have to visit him.

"Oh, so you don't hear me talking to you?" Ty pinched my arm.

"Boy don't do that." I hit him. "That shit hurt. I was just thinking though."

"Bout what?"

"Nothing to be honest." I shrugged. "Ima miss you too."

"Yeah I know. You love the kid." He smirked.

"And you love me too so don't try and play like you got me wrapped around yo long ashy ass finger."

"You ain't even have to say allat bro. My shit ain't even ashy." He sucked his teething, pulling into a park.