Chapter 6:

Kesari looked at herself in the mirror wearing the blue kurta. She smiled. The kurta really looked good on her but she didn't know why Lakshmi has asked her to wear it.

"Why did you ask me to wear this?" Kesari asks.

Lakshmi smiles.

"You know this kurta looks really good on you. Maybe you can wear it tomorrow during the Karwachaut ceremony." Lakshmi said and as soon as she said that, Kesari started to take the kurta off but Lakshmi stopped her.

"What? Why are you taking it off?" Lakshmi asked.

"You know that I can't go to the Karwachaut thing. Everyone will throw me out from there," Kesari answers.

Lakshmi sighs and slaps her forehead

"What do I do about this idiot?" She mumbles. Kesari felt offended being called an idiot.

"When will this girl ever get brain? What do you think the duppata is for?" Lakshmi says. She takes the duppata and puts it on Kesari's head. The duppata was long enough to cover her face.

"Just wear the duppata like this. No one will even know that it is you." Kesari takes the duppata out and looks at Lakshmi.

"But how do I get out from my house." Kesari asks. She takes the kurta off and puts her old kurta back on.

"Easy. The party starts at night and I am pretty sure your mom is asleep by then. Just sneak out." Lakshmi said it like it was an normal thing but Kesari knew that if her mom finds out that she sneaked out then she will definitely face an Devil.

"I will never do that." Kesari whisper yelled.

"Your choice. I will wait for you in the party. I will have these clothes too. When you come just change into this." Lakshmi took the kurta and kept it on the corner of her room where most of her clothes were kept.

"But right now I have to go to the Pooja kept at Thakur house." Lakshmi puts her red kurta on and gives one to Kesari too.

"You are coming to the pooja, right?" Lakshmi asked. Kesari was about to say No when she heard Lakshmi's dads voice outside.

"Oh no, what do I do now?" Kesari worried. If Lakshmi's dad sees her then she is gone today.

"Hide over there quick and don't forget to wear the kurta and come to the pooja." Lakshmi leaves her room hurriedly and Kesari hides behind the Hays.

She heard Lakshmi's dad yell at her and slap her. Kesari hated Lakshmi's dad. She didn't know how Lakshmi could really him.

Finally after hours they leave. Well only Lakshmi and her dad. Only the dad and daughter are suppose to go to the pooja. The dad because an male relative is suppose to be there while the pooja is happening. They find it auspicious.

Kesari quickly puts her dress on and follows them.

Jawahar focus was back on the pooja. The pandit said all his chants and by then all the girl came. They all sat on their seats. The pandit started of with explaining the importance of the pooja and Jawahar studied all the girls sitting down. They were all really short. Maybe up till his elbows. None of the girls looked tall enough to have a good makeout session with. Dang it.

I know this was really short and I apologize but that's all I had time for.

I am really really really really really sorry 😐