Chapter 6

Marinette was never really into holster tops and skirts, but she quite liked how this one flattered her body shape. She wasn't entirely sure if Adrien was awake, but Marinette took a mental note to prepare dinner and hope for the best.

She tried to scoop out as much salt as she could, but she didn't hang on to that pipe dream. If none of them were able to stomach it, they'd grab a bite to eat on the go as long as they got something before drinking, in case that would happen. The last thing she wanted was to have someone get sick or suffer from alcohol poisoning. Marinette wasn't sure if Adrien went out of even touched a drop of alcohol, but Marinette would rather be safe than sorry.

The blunette grabbed her heels, gripping on to the straps as she tiptoed down to the first leverage of the home. She placed her heels by the staircase and hurried over to the kitchen to serve the stir fry. She pursed her lips, placing the plate on to the table.

She tiptoed out of the kitchen and back up the staircase. She returned to her room, and dug through her suitcase for her makeup. She hummed, digging through her makeup bag for some foundation, eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. She pulled back, admiring the work she did in the mirror before deciding to head back downstairs before Adrien woke up.

The female tiptoed back down to the first floor. She leaned down at the spot beside the staircase, picking up her flats. She gasped, her heart pounding in her chest as she spotted the model faced away from her, picking at his plate in the kitchen. It was always a mystery to Marinette how Adrien kept his hair nice and tidy. Even the night before while Kagami had her hands tousled throughout his strands, he still managed to look good. His gold locks sat in perfect placements on top of his head like a work of art.

The blunette was quite impressed with his choice of attire. He wore a Prussian blue button up collared shirt which was folded neatly at his sleeves, revealing his nicely toned and tanned arms. His black jeans hugged his legs and backside in all the right places, it was quite a pleasing site to Marinette which she'd never admit out loud. He topped off his outfit with a pair of completely white low top achilles sneakers.

"I guess I'm not surprised that you know how to dress being in the fashion industry." Marinette murmured towards his back as she began to approach him.

Adrien paused, glancing back at her, a few strips of the stir fry she had prepared for him earlier hanging from his lips.

Marinette froze, her heart aching slightly as she was a bit scared to find him eating the dinner she had prepared, especially after having dumped almost the entire container of salt on the top of it.

Adrien glanced down at himself, his brow furrowing as he wasn't exactly sure what Marinette's intention was by her comment.

"I can't tell if that was a diss or a compliment..." Adrien retorted, narrowing his eyes at her.

Marinette shook her head, getting a nice hit of the aroma that emanated from his skin. She reached up, smoothing out the lines on his shirt with a flacid expression.

"Take it how you will..." she smiled, gazing up at him. "You look great though. Is it the model in you that keeps your hair looking on point at every moment?" She taunted with a smirk.

"Hmp-" Adrien prompted, reaching over to pick at his food as Marinette focused on fixing up his attire.

"Contrary to popular belief, I don't actually wake up like this-" Adrien countered.

Marinette tsked, satirically nodding as she stepped back, her eyes catching the food he was consuming. She inwardly cowarded away. She was afraid to know how his taste buds were holding up. She wondered whether they were shribbling up or holding off well because he actually enjoyed the meal. Marinette was almost too afraid to ask.