Chapter 20 (Pt. 2)

step-sibling. Noun. (pluralstep-siblings) The offspring of one's stepfather or stepmother who is not the offspring of one's mother and is not the offspring of one's father. The stepchild of one's father or mother which is not one's half-sibling.

NOTE: Mia and Chase doesn't share a common parent which makes them biologically unrelated. Axel and Ares’s mothers are real sister's which makes them cousins, and Charlotte is Sedric Torrance  (Ares’s dad) illegitimate child which makes Charlotte and Axel biologically unrelated.

Playlist - Photograph by Ed Sheeran

Luna

“What’s your problem?” I blurted out when Mia entered my room. “With Ares.” I added to the sentence.

“My problem?” She was pissed, and I could tell. “I'm stupefied to come with terms on your relationship with someone like Ares.” 

“Don’t play with your words, Mia. You and I both know how bad you're at it. You behaved strange this morning in front of him. He's my boyfriend, for heavens. If you have something against him then say it.” 

She opened her mouth as if to say something, but stopped. What was with her? Her attitude was suspicious, she has never been this way before. I personally blamed Chase for it. 

“Don’t hide anything from me, Mia.” I glanced up from my phone to see her shifting on her feet. “I don't hide anything from you. If only you had spilled your guts to me before then none of this would have happened.” 

“So, it's my fault now?” She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. “You think I asked for any of those things to happen to me.” 

“No one wants to be faced with so much trauma. I just mean, things could've been avoided. Tomorrow could've been avoided. You would still be with me without any restrictions, but you're just fading away every second.” 

“Everything happens for a reason. I was a naive little girl who believed that someday a Knight would sweep me off my feet and fall in love with me. I was stupid enough to live in a dreamland and believe in happy endings. But, you don't get want you want.” She stared off in the distance, sounding pensive. 

“I miss the old Mia. I miss my Mia. Can you bring her back.” 

“She was a facade, I'm reality.” She sat down on the windowsill, gazing out of my french windows. “But-” she paused, turning to face me with mischief on her lips. “I don't mind helping you to get ready for your first date.” 

“And…?” I suspected she had more to say. 

“Maybe vandalizing Chase’s favourite car.” She grinned and twirled her platinum blonde hair. 

“Okay,” I said with newfound enthusiasm. “First we should destroy his car then prepare for my date.” 

“What time will he be here?” 

“Around ten, I guess.” 

“Ten?” She asked puzzled. “Where the fuck is he taking you?” 

“Nightclub.” I forced a smile but sucked in a breath when she walked over to me. “Okay, it maybe his idea, but I really want to experience that scene.”

“He's just Ares Torrance, not a king to whom you can't say no to.” She had her hand on her bump. “Love, you tell me the moment he starts misbehaving with you. I'll deal with him.” 

“And how am I supposed to contact you after tomorrow?”  It was a sad reality. I wouldn't be able to be near her again and have our little talks. Or wouldn't even be able to enjoy college life with her.