can't make it through alone

Boot camp had seemed miles away, but now there was only one day left.

Me and Jacob had suprisingly began to bond, which was wierd seeing as he was hundreds of years older then me, though i suppose the whole being dead stops the maturing process and hes still stuck at eighteen.

"You'll want to eat as much as you can, at the buffet," He told me as we lay under the sky stairing up at the stars, My head rested on his chest,

"But I'll get fat." I joked knowing full well that was impossible, we didn't need to eat anymore, it was just something we did out of habbit, we could taste the food, but it seemed to evaporate before it was swallowed.

He chuckled apreciating my joke, joined by the others. Winter laughed, her mouth wide, showing her perfect rows of white teeth, Harper had his arm around her, they got on, just a little to well. I had a feeling something would soon click, and Harper would finaly have the guts to ask her out. I knew it got on Winters nerves, she coonsistantly complained about it, when Harper wasn't around that was. Half the time I wanted to grab her shoulders and shake her out of the Lovey Dovey Harper trance.

The bell rang shrill and loud, alerting us that it was feast time, every dinner was a big affair, it was just the way these dead people liked it, and I guess being one of those dead people I admitedly liked it too. JAcob grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet, "race ya." he smiled as we sprinted for the hall.

my room mate was siting on her bed, and I still had no idea what her name was, I know the guys had told me a while back, but I also knew for a fact that wasn't her real name. She glared at me as I Walked in. "I brought you some 'V' can you believe they actualy have this stuff here!" I asked chucking it at her, she caught it still managing to glare at me. I sighed and came over to sit on her bed. "I don't believe what they say about you, about you being a serial killer, that escaped from azkiban." the first part was true, everyone was convince my roommate was an insane serial killer, the second part I added in hopes it would trigger a laugh, it didn't she just stared at me and said, "Well maybe you should believe it." I stared at her she couldn't be serious? "err why?"

"Because then I wouldn't have to put up with talking to you." she snapped

I was offended immensly by that, I mean It wasn't like I ever talked to her, until now and my first day here. I hid my anger and then asked

"You do realise, bootcamps tomorrow, you're gonna need me."

"Bullshit."

" were meant to be partners for a reason, you can't make it through alone."

"Just watch me." was all she said, before turning away, I slapped my knees as I stood up, well that was a pleasent conversation. I rolled my eyes and sighed. leaving to my side of the room, I would need my sleep, with bootcamp just 12 hours away!