"Can you tell me where the auditorium is?" I heard a girl ask me.

I didn't know why Principal Stewart couldn't have just stuck maps of the whole school on the walls. Why was I stuck here telling people where the auditorium was? Or the bake sale area? Or the stalls?

"Sure," I said with more of a forced smile before walking towards the auditorium. After all, as long as I was wearing the staff badge, people would just keep on coming towards me--like I was some sort of a pathetic magnet.

"You study in this school?" The girl asked as she walked beside me. I had no choice but to nod.

"Yeah."

"Crestmont High always does these kinds of events." She smiled. "I'm from Waverly High, by the way."

I knew which school that was. Our school's rival, mostly in sports. I didn't really understand the rivalry, though. For me, every single school was pure torture.

"That's great. I think most of the people around us are from Waverly High." I said since many of them had pointed that out. As this was a charity event, students from all nearby high schools were invited. Teachers as well. It was kind of a way for more publicity.

"Here's the auditorium." I stopped in front of the closed auditorium doors. "You can sign in your name here."

When she was gone inside, I exhaled and went back to the gym. I had no idea where the other staff members were even. It felt like I was the only person handling these people. Looking over at the clock, I realized that a whole hour was still left until I could go back home. This was tiring, and I truly hated Principal Stewart for forcing me to volunteer.

The gymnasium was more of a dance floor for the night--for the parent-children dance. Buy a pass to get on the dance floor and the money goes to charity.

"Hey, Sky. Can you give me a hand?" Olivia, a girl from my Chemistry class, asked as she tried handling the huge box of refreshments.

I could've just said a big fat no, but I wasn't that rude. I wished though for people to see just how freaking tired I was at that moment. Every single limb of mine was crying in protest.

"Sure." I went over to the refreshments table and started helping her out, replacing the empty spots on the stand with warm cookies.

At least I wasn't giving directions anymore.

All of a sudden, from the corner of my eye, I saw a silhouette amongst the crowd on the dance floor. Squinting my eyes, it took me a moment to recognise Caden. He seemed a bit exasperated as if searching for someone.

"I'll be back in a second," I told Olivia, before walking over towards him.

I had no idea he'd be here.

"Caden," I called out, stopping near him as his eyes found my own. "What are you doing here?"

I hadn't had a single chance to talk to him since that day he visited me at my house. He hadn't called me, and neither had I.

The exasperation left his face just as quick as he neared towards me. "I was looking for you." He said.

"Why...were you looking for me?" I couldn't help but notice the distance between us then. So that no one would know.

But people did know. That night, when Caden had stayed over at my house, I had completely forgotten about Jenna. She must've seen him leave my house the next day. And she had done what she was so good at. She had started rumours.

Which I wasn't surprised of. That girl had no life of her own.