Bellas awakening

As the evening came to an end and the dainty stars scattered across the moon lighten sky Renmesme's eyes started to flutter close as she was wrapped in Paul's arms. The Cullens had been wary of him at first, but as the day passed and his walls were broke down by the hybrid infant who was full of giggles, smiles, and energy the Cullens saw just how good and pure he was, watching as he cuddled her as she napped, played with her as she crawled around on the floor, even taking the time to change her diaper with ease, as if it were natural to him, and In some way it was.

Bayla was currently sitting in the kitchen with a cup of hot tea in her hands as Esme made the two dinner, a joy that was undeniable to Bayla as she watch her face light up with happiness as she threw ingredients together in a frying pan.

"So.. will she eat regular food or.. the other stuff?" Bayla asked with a little hesitation.
Esme chuckled softly as she stirred the mix of food and glanced at her, knowing it was an honest question they had all wondered at first.
"Well..we have been giving her bottles of formula, she seems to like it, and she stays full. However when she was in Bella's stomach all she craved was blood leading Carlisle to believe she can survive off of either one... between you and me I'm hoping she likes real food better... gives me the opportunity to use the kitchen more often" Esme said .

Bayla laughed and smiled, knowing Esme would always find an excuse to use the kitchen, and she took a sip of her hot tea. Paul smiled as he entered the kitchen, noticing how Bayla was content with where she was at, and joined her at the table. He smelt the aromas of onion, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and boiling water, instantly becoming hungry as it drifted through the air.
"Smells good in here" Paul said.
"I'm making fettuccine Alfredo!" Esme said with a wide grin.

"Mmm" Paul mumbled, still not knowing how to talk to the vampires, whom had always been his enemy before.
Bayla rolled her eyes at his response as he silently mouthed a What response with a smirk.
The plates of Alfredo were placed in front of the two and they both thanked her, waiting no time in digging in to the scrumptious meal that left them full and satisfied.

"She's amazing" Paul said as he pushed his plate away. Bayla smiled and nodded, glancing at Rosealie as she cooed down at the infant.
"Yea, she really is. Bella's going to love her" Bayla said with a faint smile, wondering when her sister would awake, or if she even would.
"How's she doing? Bella , I mean" Paul asked.
Bayla sighed and shrugged, sitting further back in her chair as she thought of her sister who was in the upstairs room.

"Carlisle said that it will take a few days for the venom to spread to her heart. He's giving her a week, if she doesn't wake by then we will know it didn't work" Bayla said softly .
"It will work" paul said, knowing it was what she needed to here .
Bayla smiled at him and pressed a kiss to his lips, feeling the same spark as she always had, the same spark that she always would have for the many years to come.

*************************************************
It had been 5 days since Rennesme's birth, 5 days since Bella had taken her last breath, and 5 days since Bayla had lost a sister, yet gained a niece.
As Bayla and Paul we're wrapped in eachothers arms, their naked bodies tangled together as warmth developed them Bayla's phone rang and as she looked at the caller I.d she knew something was wrong .
"Edward, What is it?" Bayla asked, her heart picking up as Paul nibbled on her neck.
"She's awake"

As the words were spoken Bayla wasted no time in getting dressed and flying out the door, Paul following after her, slightly worried about the new vampires arrival. Bayla was lost in her thoughts, and overwhelmed with glee as Paul drove to the Cullens. She hardly noticed how the chill of September was biting at the doors, or how the trees leaves were now a dull brown color. Instead she focused on her sister, her sister who was dead her Alive, her sister who would be around for many decades, watching everyone around her pass, including Bayla.

As she was happy for her sister, knowing she had it all, the love of her life, a beautiful daughter and now a life spent with them forever, apart of her was bitter. Bella had always been selfish, almost jealous of those around her, where as Bayla was raised differently, with more happiness and comfort with her life, but yet she couldn't conceive children, she was unsure of her future, and a life of immortality was out of her grasp....or was it?

As they pulled up to the Cullens house her eyes frantically searched for Bella but fell short when Emmett approached them at the car.
"She's in the house, come on" Emmett said with a wide grin. He wouldn't tell Bayla that the reason he was leading them into the house was for her protection but paul knew, and shared a small nod in his direction, a thankful look, and Emmett smiled back, happy that the two were finally getting along.

Bayla pulled the sleeves of her shirt down and walked slowly up to the house, the silence in the house all too dreary and as she passed the large kitchen and made her way into the living room with Paul's arm protectively around her waist and Emmett just to her right side. Her eyes swept the floor lazily as they walked and as she looked up she was met with Bella small smile as Bayla stared back.