23

Oh, the start of school after Thanksgiving break.

Everyone was ready to start decorating their homes for the holiday season or head to the Alps for some quality skiing but before all of that could happen there were midterms.

Midterms were for teachers to cram last-minute information before the big test in two weeks. IT also made you lose your sanity so close to Christmas.

On top of worrying about my midterms and all of the homework I had - junior and senior student council had to plan the sweetheart formal dance which was in February. Even though it was two months away, we were required to get the logistics planned out now.

The bell rang and I packed up my things.

Normally I would run to my car to go home and nap (after I got Parker alone for a few minutes). Today was the winter formal meeting - joy.

I was walking down the hall of the main building and I felt someone put their arms around me. I knew who it was immediately and it made me so happy.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked Parker as we walked over to the side

Luckily not too many people were still here. Hopefully, Asher was at home.

"I'm tutoring Chelsey Craig in calculus until 3:30 and then I have practice from 3:30 to 5:30 so I'll be here a while." he answered my question, "Whatcha doing here?"

"I have a student council meeting to plan the sweetheart dance at 3:30 and I'll be here until 5:30 too. I would ask you if you wanted to go get dinner or something after but I already agreed to go study with Alena, Lilia, and Zara." I said to him

He shrugged, "Oh well, I'll come to your car before you go."

"But baby, do you wanna go to Disneyland this weekend?" Parker wondered while looking me in the eyes

I loved when he called me baby. It made my heart beat so fast and gave me butterflies.

"I would love too." I agreed, "Just text or call me tonight."

"You know I do that every night regardless, but I will." Parker smirked, "I should get going but I'll see you later."

"Have fun with Chelsey, you know she's one of your biggest fans." I reminded him

Parker pulled me closer to him, "Oh my God, Ellie, she's weirding me out. Who pays someone $100 for someone to tutor them for thirty minutes?"

I smiled, "Have fun, can't wait to hear all about it."

"I'll see you later." I ended our conversation

Parker gave me a hug before he walked down the hall. I had twenty-eight minutes to kill before the meeting so I decided to go to some vegan juice shop across the street. Then I sat in my car getting my thoughts together for the meetings.

I had all my suggestions for the venue, decorations, and other small details. I just hoped that no one got distracted so we could leave on time.

Most of the people who were on the dance planning committee were in the room on time except for a few, one being Chelsey Craig.

"We're just missing Chelsey, Ava, and Becca." Paris, the student council president read off a sheet of paper

Like clockwork, Ava and Becca came through the door with Starbucks in their hands while Chelsey followed behind.

"Sorry for being late." Ava apologized. They all sat down at the table and hastily got their things out.

"I see that you two were late because of Starbucks but Chelsey, what's your excuse?" Paris questioned her