Who to Follow Online

There are tons of online resources, but the quality can vary rather dramatically. An awful lot of people in this field are wannabes. I offer you my top 5.

1.       Avinash Kaushik (just Google him). He’s the king of metrics, and he actually makes a rather dry topic fun and interesting. He’s also a gracious, sweet guy and really will reply to you.

2.        Mike Allton – Mike is Mr. Google+ himself, it seems. Mike is another gracious and responsive guy. He’s forgotten more about Google+ than most people will ever know.

3.       Charlene Li/Josh Bernoff – I put them together as they, together, are the authors of one massively important work on social media (the next segment will be about reference works, so you’ll see their names again).

4.       Guy Kawasaki – he’s put together a great team behind him and has written some truly interesting things about social media.

5.       David Meerman Scott – he’s got a lot to say about how marketing has changed in the last decade. Like it or not, we are all marketers, even when we’re not really trying. 

Honorable Mention: Clay Shirky, for his philosophical viewpoint. 

There are a ton of other people I could mention (KD Paine, Stephen Baker, and Chris Brogan are three), but this is a good group to start with. Google is your friend; I suggest you look up everyone I’ve mentioned in this post.

The link is to Charlene Li’s blog. The image is a great quote from Clay Shirky. The YouTube video is Mike Allton on how to schedule Google+ posts. 

Did this chapter help you? Did it hold your interest? Do you want to see more? Then please ask questions or provide your own suggestions in the comments section and vote! You know the puppy wants you to. ;)