Chapter Ten: Dr. Riley Verses Gracie Pierce

The sound of beeping was ear deafening and it only increased at a rapid pace as I listened

The sound of beeping was ear deafening and it only increased at a rapid pace as I listened. Slowly opening my eyes, I was engulfed by a bright room filled with white along with the piercing rays of the sun as it entered through the white window and landed on me.

Lifting my head, I groaned as a wave of pain pounded against my head. Holding onto my head, I was met with a smooth bandage that wrapped around my head. Confused, I looked around the room and was met with the tired form of Gage as he leaned over slumped in the chair beside my bed while his brother Gavin and Willa were talking quietly in the corner, completely oblivious that I was there.

Where the hell am I?

I opened my mouth to speak but my throat was too dry to release any words. Leaning back, I spotted a water bottle on the edge of the table beside me. Reaching over, I tried to grasp it but a pain shot up my leg and I gasped, knocking over the water bottle to the ground with a thud.

Gage shot up right at the sound and looked around frantically until his eyes found mine. He relaxed and rose from his chair as he came closer towards me. Behind him, Willa and Gavin stopped talking and rushed over to the edge of the bed, leaving enough room between Gage and I.

"You're awake" Gage whispered as he smiled down at me with a small smile that didn't reach his eyes.

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice cracking at the end.

Gage reached down and picked up the water bottle and unscrewed the cap for me. Handing me the bottle he waited patiently for me to drink. I devoured the water and finished half of it. Thanking him, I watched as he placed the bottle back on the table and took a seat beside me, moving the chair closer towards me.

"You're in Lakeside Manor hospital" He told me.

Frowning, I glanced up at Willa and Gavin for clarification but they nodded their heads in agreement. I had no idea that the smallest village of Lakeside Manor even had a park let alone a hospital.

"Do you remember what happened?" Gavin asked as he came closer towards Gage. I watched as both the boys resembled similar stances, their fists and strong jaws clenched. Willa on the other hand looked like a complete nervous wreak as she paced back and forth with a paled face.

Shaking my head, I stared at the IV as it dripped liquid into my arm, "I just remember going for a run after work and getting attacked by something in the woods"

I heard the slight relief of a sigh coming from Gage but as soon as I looked over, he gave my hand a squeeze. I knew it was out of comfort, but the feeling of his skin on mine made my skin hot.

"When can I go home?" I asked, looking between the three of them.

I hated hospitals ever since I was little and I broke my wrist. My parents didn't take me to the hospital for three weeks and the doctors had to re-break it and surgically fix it. I've always hated the uncomfortable essence of hospitals ever since.