★Chapter 39★

July 20, 2025

Jenna's Pov

"Give me a second." I say to the lady on the phone. I put my hand over the speaker. "AHHHH!" I scream. I see Shawn and Riley run to me.

"What's wrong?" Shawn mouths. I hold a finger up to him, signaling to hold on.

"Sorry, but yes I would love too." I tell the lady.

"Great, we will see you soon." She says and hangs up.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaim.

"Mommy what's wrong?" Riley asked.

"Guess what." I say.

"What?" They both ask.

"They want me to go on tour with Carrie Underwood!" I say, we'll practically yell.

"That's awesome." Shawn lifts me up in a hug.

"Who's dat?" Riley ask. I crouch down to her size.

"It's a singer that I love, you know those songs that I always sing?" I ask and she nods. "That's Carrie."

"Ohh." She says. "Woah!"

"Yeah, and you will get to meet her." I say.

"Yay!" She says excitedly and I smile.

"What kind of tour is it?" Shawn ask me.

"It's just a comeback tour, just for old times." I tell him and he nods. "I'm so happy."

"I know you are." Shawn says. "They don't need us at the studio today."

"That's great." I say. "I have to start getting packed. I think the lady told me to take a flight to Knoxville, that's the first stop and the rest of the time we will be on a tour bus."

"Riley." Shawn says to our daughter.

"Yeah?" Riley ask him.

"I need to talk to mommy for a second, go finish eating." Shawn tells her.

"Ok." She says simply and runs off to the kitchen.

"I think you should take Riley with you." He tells me.

"Ok?" I say but it comes out as a question.

"I mean, I have to be in the studio almost everyday and it'll be hard for me and then I'll be heading home soon because of my class." He explains.

"Good reason." I say. "I'll take her with me, I know she will miss you. I will too."

"Don't worry, I'll come and visit you two whenever I can." He tells me. "C'mon, we better go tell Riley."

---------

August 3, 2025

"Please welcome to the stage, Jenna Mendes." The guy says over the speakers. I hear tons of screaming and I walk out with my guitar around me.

"Hello." I say once I get to the microphone. "It's good to be out here tonight and it's the first show of the tour."

-

"Know welcome Carrie Underwood!" I say and see Carrie walk out. She gives me a smile and I return it.

"I don't know about y'all, but that girl is one of the best singers." Carrie starts off making me blush. I walk backstage to see Riley sitting one the couch.

"Good job mommy." She hops up and hugs me.

"Thank you baby." I say.

"When do we leave here?" She yawns as she asks me that.

"Early tomorrow morning but you won't know." I tell her.

"Ok." She leans against me. Soon falling asleep. I hear my phone ring.

*From: Mine😘💋

Have you gotten off stage yet??*

*To: Mine😘💋

Just got done.*

*From: Mine😘💋

Did you have fun?*

*To: Mine😘💋

Yeah it was so much fun!! How was work today?*

*From: Mine😘💋

Good! Everyone was good today. We had a new student. Will you tell Riley I said I miss her and love her?*

*To: Mine😘💋

I will, Riley just fell asleep. She did stay up till I think 3 this morning, someone gave her candy after dinner (thanks Carrie!)*

*From: Mine😘💋

Haha, I better go. I love you and miss you!!*

*To: Mine😘💋

Love you too!*

I lay my phone down and watch the rest of the show on the tv.

------------------------------------------------------------------

September 12, 2025

"Shawn!" I shout and run across the airport.

"Jenna!" He says and hugs me tightly. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too." I say. I get on my toes and kiss him. He kisses back instantly.

"Where's Riley?" Shawn asks as we walk to the car.

"Carrie insisted on watching her." I laugh. "Carrie loves her, and Riley loves Carrie too."

"That's good." Shawn says and I nod.

"Are you hungry? We can go somewhere to eat before heading to the bus." I say. Right now we are in Alabama, tomorrow after the show we are leaving for Mississippi.

"It's fine we don't have to." He says.

"Ok." I shrug and we start toward the hotel where the tour bus is.

-

"I'm back!" I call out in the tour bus.

"Ok!" I hear Carrie yell and Riley comes running in.

"Daddy!" She shrieks. Shawn picks her up and she hugs him tightly.

"Ah I missed my little girl." Shawn says.

I'm glad we are all back together.

[-------------------------------]

AHHHHHH! LAST CHAPTER!!!!!!!! Next is the epilogue!

-Ashlee.