Chapter 32. Note.

I  am  not  here.

                                              DO NOT LOOK FOR ME.

                                                             -Mrs. Vee

A  note written on paper can be seen on their door.  When I said they, I meant the owner of this building. The place where everything happened. This also seems to be the place where it all started. Thus, we had to ask for some history lessons.

Unfortunately, luck isn't on our side. You realized this just now? Let me re-phrase that. Luck hasn't been on our side for a while now.  Happy now? Very.

"So? What do we do now?" Maku eyed me. If he wants someone to answer his questions, he's looking at the wrong person. I am as clueless as he is. Well, he wouldn't know that unless you say it. Fine.

"Ahm. What do you want me to say?" I snapped back at him. 

"I don't know. What do you think?" He just gave the question back to me. That's it. I've had enough.

"Listen here. I came here with you and Donna because we were given the task of asking the owner about the history of this place. And for some reason we can't get answers because this  "Mrs.Vee" decided to go somewhere that we have no freaking idea where. Even if you ask me what we should do, I won't be able to answer. Why? Because I was with you. I am with you. So, I don't know what to do as well. Got that? Sheesh!"

"Chill dude! I was just asking.... Looks like someone's on their period." He scoffed.

"One. I am not a dude. Two. I refuse to talk about my gender's problems with you. Three. If I was having mine, I would be far worse than this." You're getting all worked up for something so small. Shut up! How mature. 

"Stop fighting, guys. We should........ look around first.... before we go back empty handed. That is, if we decide to do that." It's a good thing Donna's with us. Otherwise, the two of us would just end up arguing. She was already here when you were arguing, though. Smartass.

We tried looking for any signs of activity inside the landlady's abode. Maybe, she's actually inside but didn't want anyone disturbing her. Like what you're planning to do, you mean. This is an emergency. So, she should let this slide. Besides, it'd be her problem if one of her tenants can't pay on time or not all. But, I do admit that we're doing something weird. Actually, I don't know if this is what Donna meant. So far as I can see, we're snooping around. We look like those bad guys who are up to no good. If any of the tenants saw us, they'd think we're burglars or something. Plus, we look ridiculous.