#25 In the dark

This chapter is like "only investigation shits". I know you guys signed up for Jongkey and 2Min fluffs and so, but the plot demands what the plot demands.
Bear with me this chapter, some lovely moments will come soon.

„I know he's not Kim Kibum because I am Kim Kibum, ok?" The younger man confessed.

----------------------------

"Jonghyun, my headache is killing me. Can you get me some painkillers? I saw a pharmacy near the campus on our way." Kibum asked as he came back from his walk. He wasn't even lying. His head felt like it was ready to explode because of his conversation with Onew.

"Sure, but you look pale. You should go home and take a rest." Jonghyun suggested.

"No, I'm fine. It's my common headache."

"You should take a rest. I'll call a taxi."

"Jonghyun, can you just get me some painkillers? Please," insisted Kibum and his husband nodded, leaving the laboratory right away. Little did he knew, it was just an excuse to have him gone for a while. It was a fight, convincing Onew to keep Taemin's and his identities' switch a secret from Jonghyun. But Kibum succeeded. Onew wasn't a fool and he treasured Jonghyun as his friend. Thus, he hated lying to his friend. Still, Onew appreciated Kibum's honesty and his courage for telling him the truth. The older was aware Kibum could just go on without Jonghyun noticing his real identity, but Kibum risked everything to help Taemin. However, Kibum had to promise he'd tell Jonghyun the truth as soon as the case is closed. Either Kibum did, or Onew would. That was the deal.

Immediately after Jonghyun disappeared, Onew told Xiumin to arrange a video conference with the team.

"You can't be serious. That changes everything. We addressed the case all wrong."

"Yeah, it's a huge difference who is kidnapped. We're looking for Kim Kibum but what if the guy got kidnapped as Lee Taemin? That's a whole different game."

"Dude, the pool of suspects just doubles."

After getting a shitstorm from his colleagues for not telling them the truth from the beginning, Onew asked them to keep it a secret from Jonghyun. The team wasn't enthused about that, but they listened to Onew anyway. Kibum noticed how close these men were. Obviously, they were all different and each held their own secrets. Still, they respected and cared for each other. Kibum couldn't help but feel guilty for making them lie to Jonghyun.

Coming back, even just on the monitors Jonghyun noticed the odd looks his friends were giving him.

"What's going on? Why are we having a cyber meeting?" Jonghyun questioned as he handed Kibum the pills.

"You're just in time," Onew replied, "I'm about to inform everybody that we found out which gang the kidnappers belong to."

"Really? Did you find them, Lay?" Jonghyun beamed. Lay moved his eyes to Onew, asking for direction, and as the leader nodded discreetly, Lay affirmed.

"So?" Jonghyun asked impatiently.

"Lay just told us that the tattoo is used by a southern gang named Goben. They used to operate in the south but some of them appeared in Seoul a few months ago." Key answered before Jonghyun could notice that Lay had no idea. Lay was listening as carefully as everyone did.

"Do you know where they operate?" Jonghyun asked, and Lay nodded. He didn't recognize the tattoo but indeed he had a new southern gang which suddenly showed up in the city on his radar.