💊 I

I NEED A DOCTOR!!
I'M NOT A DOCTOR, BUT I THINK I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP!

—💊—

EVERYDAY you get dropped off by your mum at your aunts convenience store to work and every evening a peculiar boy with half and half hair buys a carton of strawberry milk.

one day, you questioned him.

"don't you get sick of it?" you teased, watching as he gave you exactly one dollar and twenty five cents.

his face remained quite blank still, despite his voice being laced with confusion. "what do you mean?"

"every evening you come and buy strawberry milk at precisely eight o'clock. every. evening."

a small smile played on his face. "oh,i get it... you're sick of my business?"

you nearly fell off the stool you were sitting on. "holy shit-- no!!"

the smile was still present on his face when he looked up through his hanging hair and said, "then what seems to be the issue?"

"you're a devious little thing, y'know that?" you joked and he laughed slightly. 

"listen," he leaned against the counter,  "i'll make you a deal."

your eyebrows raised slightly. "i'm listening..?"

"i'll tell you why i come here at precisely eight o'clock," he teased the last part, resting his elbows on the counter, "if you tell me why you look so sad everytime you think no one's looking."

it was a rash decision, but you agreed eagerly. not even fully realizing that you'd have to spill
something too.

you pulled the extra stool up for todoroki, yes you knew his name prior to this conversation, and you sat so that your side was facing the counter and you were facing todoroki.

was having him behind the register against the rules? yes.

did you care? no.

"okay, spill it!" you urged and he laughed lightly.

"i visit my mum everynight at the hospital."

oh. you werent expecting that.

"is she okay..?"

"yes," he didnt look you in the eyes as he spoke, instead staring at his fingers as they fiddled against one another. "its... better this way. she had a breakdown when i was five and gave me this," he pointed at his scar, "because she thought i reminded her too much of my father."

"that's awful..!" 

he shrugged. "i dont blame her. i hate him too," he laughed a bit, "i hope i dont turn out like him."

"he's the like vice-mayor or whatever its called, right?"

he nodded.

"ouch.."

"yeah, well anyway," he smiled again, this time being cheeky, "spill it. what makes you so sad?"

"oh, well..."

"it's just..."

"[y/n]," he finally said, putting a hand on your shoulder.

"just say it. im not going to judge."

"well, im in a relationship with a guy named jackson, and.."

"and?"

"and i'm not happy. he.. doesnt treat me nicely. he treats me like how brady  from trinkets treats tabitha."

"oh shit!" he exclaimed, eyes widening, "like that??"

you nodded.

"no wonder you're sad.. i dont blame you if you're in a relationship like that. why dont you dump his ass?"

"it's.. a lot more difficult than that. my middle school is so small and he's a popular guy. a lot of people would turn against me."

"oh.."

"yeah."

"want me to transfer to your middle school?" he joked, causing you to laugh despite the semi-serious atmosphere.

"you live on the other side of town!!"

"thats not gonna stop me..!"

his phone rang suddenly, causing him to sigh as he answered.

"what."

you heard shouting on the other end.

"i'm just at work again!! don't get your panties in a twist."

"liar," you whispered teasingly, making him smirk.

the shouting over the phone was louder this time.

"whatever. bye."

"jesus i hate him," todoroki sighed, which made you laugh. he hopped off the stool.

"i've gotta go," he said while putting the stool back. "you got a sticky note or something?"

you nodded and handed him a scrap recipt with a pen.

he handed it back to you and you quickly read it.

TODOROKI SHOTO (A K A YOUR BEST SHOT AT BREAKING UP WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND)
[ XXX-XXX-XXXX ]

you smiled at him as he walked away, carton of milk in hand.

"we are breaking up with him."

"we?"

"yes," he laughed, "we."

he left after that and for once you didnt feel sad being alone.