🌺 Kaito x Kaede (Christmas In July) 🌺

It was a long day at piano practice for Kaede. Hell, she didn't even feel like doing it today. She had hardly had any rest the night before, and she was moody to her fiancée Kaito this morning.

Looking back at it now, she felt bad for snapping at the poor astronaut for no apparent reason. He was only trying to make her feel better by making breakfast. But the words 'Momota' And 'kitchen' does not pair very well at all. He only left a huge mess around the room.

It consisted of pancake batter, and pots and pans scattered everywhere. He got a massive scolding from the blonde girl, as if he were a kid. Sometimes Kaito acted like one... anyway.

The pianist known as Kaede Akamatsu, opened the door and invited herself inside, just to drop her bag.

"..."

In front of her, the entire house was decorated with Christmas decorations. Ginger bread men, snow men, snowflakes, reindeers. The Christmas tree was up and running, lights and scattered ornaments scattered all around the thing.

"Kaito!?" The female shouted, investigating the house further. How long did this all take?! And why was it done!?

She entered their bedroom, seeing Kaito fast asleep on the work table, an unwrapped gift box in his hand. She could've sworn she saw her name on a tag. All of this was done for her?

"Hey... Kaito?" She shook the tall male, immediately waking him from his slumber. "Hmm?"

Kaede watched as he fluttered his eyes open, sitting up from his spot before yawning a loud, exaggerated yawn. "Oh... hey Kae- Kaede!?" He exclaimed, his full attention turning towards the girl with a red, and embarrassed face.

The blonde girl tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before raising an eyebrow. "What's with the Christmas get up?"

"Well.." Kaito frowned, looking down and pressing two of his fingers against each other.

"You were angry at me for trashing the kitchen this morning, and I felt bad for making you clean up my mess... so I went into our room, did my own thing for a bit and then I saw that it was the 25th of July so... I got an idea of Christmas in July to make you feel somewhat better."

"..."

Great, now Kaede just felt bad. "Kaito..." She sighed, blushing when the male held up the gift for her. "Here."

The pianist sat down on the bed. There was no wrapping paper on it, but it was hidden inside of a box. She opens up the box just to plant a huge smile on her face. "Kaito, this wasn't necessary." She said with a slight giggle. She took out the three gifts. The first one was a notepad with her name and a photo of the two together on it. He must have gotten it custom made just for her. Next was a glittery pen to go with it. It was something that you'd see a ten year old with when writing in a diary, frizzy pom pom's sticking out at the end of it.

The last gift got Kaede with tears rising too her eyes. It was their first high school kiss from prom that Rantaro had taken.

"Heh, corny ain't it?" Kaito spoke, breaking kaede out of her small trance. He was blushing immensely. The blonde chuckled, flicking away a tear. "You dork."

Kaito smiled widely when the girl brought him into a hug. The purple haired male didn't even hesitate to hug back.

~ END ~