POST-CREDITS SCENE

╔══════════════════╗

ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING
POST-CREDITS

╚══════════════════╝

   RILEY WAS SO IN LOVE

   RILEY WAS SO IN LOVE. She was so unbelievably in love with Peter Parker. She loved everything about him—from his eagerness to help others to his unhealthy obsession with Aunt May's cherry pie. Even watching him pace around their home reminded her of how much she loved him. Riley was convinced that after a little more than nine years, her love has only grown.

   "You know, I think if you keep pacing around like that, you might pick up speed and fly away," commented Riley Stark, amusement lighting up her radiant face.

   Peter Parker stopped in his tracks to shoot the woman a little glare. Riley laughed from her spot on the couch. "Aw, c'mon, amor," she beckoned. She rose to her feet, approaching him and wrapping her arms around his torso. "You know I'm kidding."

   "Believe me, I know," replied Peter. "I married you because you're a comedian, remember?"

   Riley rolled her eyes. "Funny," she replied with a matching tone. Still, she smiled at him like she had every day since their wedding last year in the late Spring of 2032.

   The corners of Peter's lips flickered upward. He couldn't even pretend to be mad at her. "I thought you were the funny one?" he taunted, pinching her cheek just like how she would to him.

   "I am," Riley lightly confirmed. She took his hand, their fingers webbing together. She gently pulled him toward the front door. "Come on. I refuse to be late to the greatest dinner in history. Dad keeps spam texting me because he's alone with Roman."

   Peter grimaced. "Alone? With Roman? Jesus, I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy."

   Riley narrowed her eyes at him. "Didn't you cry when he gave a speech at our wedding?"

   Hesitation crossed the man's face. "Uh, well... that was because he went on right after Mr. Stark," he excused. "Roman just got my... leftover tears."

   Riley stopped walking to stare at her husband skeptically. "Leftover tears?" she repeated. He nodded. "That's what you're going with?"

   Silence blossomed between the couple. Peter was at a loss for words. Riley had a point, after all. Roman did give a tearjerking speech, which surprised everybody because of how intolerable he was most of the time. Who would've thought that the brooding alien had such a way with words?

   So, instead of replying with something relevant, Peter decided to say something else to make himself look better.

   "Hey, have I ever told you that I love you?" he wondered. "Like, a lot? So much? Is hella a proper measurement?"