- goblincore -

{🌷💞🌷}

{🌷💞🌷}

description: tyler is a goblin: he likes shiny things, living in his small house and dirt. nothing brings out the goblin in him like his boyfriend with bright green hair that works in the healing crystals shop downtown.
specifications: no, he isn't an actual goblin.
notes: i know there are some negative connotations for the word 'goblin' related to antisemitism. i'm so sorry if i offend anyone with this, i promise it's not my intention. i'm not trying to offend anyone from either community
trigger warnings: none

{🌷💞🌷}

the sound of crunching leaves and branches fills the air around tyler. he walks around his backyard, looking for a new rock to add to his collection or a worm friend. ever since he mailed half of his rock collection to his friend that lives in tokyo, he's wanted to find new ones. the forest that connects to his house is filled with so many great rocks he could use, but he doesn't have time to go on a full time expedition today.

tyler's seeing his boyfriend today.

they've been together for over a year now, their anniversary was just a month or so ago. his boyfriend is the best thing that has happened to tyler, aside from discovering the goblin subculture of course. from his cute freckles to his bright green hair, everything about josh makes tyler's heart beat so fast whenever he's with him.

"c'mon, i know there has to be something out here," he mutters to himself, holding his half empty jar of rocks close to his heart.

from a distance, he hears the house phone ring: it must be josh calling to let him know he's coming over after work. tyler has a cellphone, but he doesn't really enjoy using it. the phone takes away the time he could be using to make his collection grow. that's why he tells josh to call his house instead, that's just a normal phone that doesn't distract him with social media or games.

he walks inside and puts his jar on the kitchen counter next to a pile of unopened mail from his fellow goblin friends around the world. "hello?" he says after picking up the phone, his fingers instantly playing with the cord.

"hey, baby. i'm gonna get out of work a little bit later today. do you mind coming down to the shop? we can go to dinner after i end my shift to make up for it," his soft spoken boyfriend says on the other end of the line. just the mention of the shop makes tyler smile; he adores josh's work more than josh does. he absolutely loves all of the little knickknacks he finds there, it fills his heart with so much joy. the small establishment is also how they met anyway, so it holds multiple meanings to him.

"okay! i'll be there!" he replies gleefully. if only josh could see his excitement right now.

"well then, i gotta go before they catch me talking to you. see you later, baby."