eleven

"and then i kissed his cheek before he cuddled me." i finished telling zac about my date with david.

it has been two weeks since my date with david and i was going crazy. he didn't text me after, i had to text him a few times, but it led to nothing. it's not that we weren't talking, he was just being cold with me, so it made me anxious. i stopped trying to talk to him after three days, knowing that i'd probably fucked everything up. i had no idea what was going on inside his head. now, i was more than aware on how unpredictable he could be, and it scared me a little. 

me and zac tried to understand what was happening, with me explaining step by step of what happened on our date. "as i said, i don't think i've done something wrong." i took a deep breath. "he can't be mad at me for not kissing him, it's ridiculous, david wouldn't do that."

"maybe he's just busy." zac shrugged. he told me that a billion times already, and of course, i tried to pretend like that was true, but it was obvious that it wasn't.

i tried asking matt, but he told me he didn't know anything about, that david seemed normal. "maybe i should just forget about it." i said rubbing the back of salem's ear. "it wasn't meant to be, i get it."

"oh come on, you told me ten times already and you know i don't believe it! david probably has a good excuse for not being around lately." zac sighed. then, he stood up and started to grab his stuff. "i gotta go, i need to do something for my work for tomorrow." i nodded, not moving an inch to get up. he kissed my forehead before leaving.

i stood up after hearing the door close and went to my piano, sitting down on the little bench so i could play. i closed my eyes and started to play the first song that came to mind, my thoughts immediately drifting off to david.

i remembered how he smiled while talking to me. i remembered how he touched my face, how good it felt to hear him saying that he wanted to kiss me. i don't get it. he seemed fine with me not kissing him, why would he ghost me like that? he cuddled me for hours, and talked about more random things before we left, seeing like he enjoyed our date. it doesn't makes sense!

i didn't notice that i was playing the wrong chords until i started playing more roughly. i stopped right away, frowning at my actions. i was so frustrated with everything, i just needed a break from los angeles. i looked at salem and sighed. "mommy is just stressed." i pouted and stood up to cuddle her. "everything is messy right now, mommy needs a break." i mumbled with a baby voice.

i kept talking to salem for a bit, but stopped when i heard my phone buzz on my nightstand.

david dobrik: Hey
Are you free today?

was this some kind of joke? i scoffed and fought my urge to leave him on read.

angie👼: yes

david dobrik: Can I come over?

angie👼: why?

david dobrik: Can I?

angie👼: sure

david dobrik: See you in 20

i wanted to scream into my pillow because of how nervous i was. i quickly got up and started to clean up my apartment so it looked decent. it was david's first time here and i wanted it to look nice. i changed my outfit for one more pleasant and tried to fix my hair, deciding on tying the top and leave the rest in messy curls. i called the doorman so he could let david in, before he arrived. i texted zac telling him what was happening and locked my phone, not caring about his response.