seven

Soon the first doctor who took Calum walked in, exhaling, not looking sad- which was good in my opinion.

He pulled a chair, sitting in front of me.

"You're aware that your father passed away on scene?" He spoke slowly, bringing my hands into his own.

I gave a nod- not trusting my voice as I looked to our hands.

"Calum is awake and wants to talk to you with the police, but only if you feel strong enough-" "I want to be with Calum" I nodded, making him immediately stand, taking my hand into his own, leading me.

I followed silently, Luke talking to Ashton about Calum.

He stopped outside of a room, turning to me.
"He's pale and tired, so don't be shocked, okay?" He spoke, making me nod slowly.

We all walked in together, his eyes immediately met my own.

"Come see me" He spoke, extending his good arm, making me grab his hand as I walked closer, making him almost pull me into the bed with him.

I relaxed into him- trusting him.

I mean he did take a bullet for me- I had no reason to not trust him.

"Does it hurt?" I asked, lightly touching the bandage on his arm.

"Not right now- I've got some strong medicine in my system" he spoke swiftly.

"The police are going to want to come in and talk to us in a minute, I'll talk, but if they ask you questions you're going to have to answer- is that okay?" He asked slowly.

"That's fine" I gave in.

Minutes later the same police entered the room cautiously.

Calum told them the whole story without hesitation

I felt a tear fall as he finished.

"Why were they so keyed in on her?" One asked.

"She was the only young female in there- that's what I assumed" he spoke.

They all nodded in unison.

After asking several questions I heard an awkward pause.

"Paige- we're going to need you to identify your dad's body due to another body found on scene once we got everyone out- we can't identify which is which" one spoke quietly.

I felt my heart drop.

"You mixed up the bodies?" Calum almost spat to them.

"It was a minor mistake-" "that's not a minor mistake" Ashton spoke firmly.

"It's a major mistake- now a Sixteen year old already traumatized girl has to identify which dead body is her fathers out of two of them." Calum shot out.

"This wasn't on us sir, but there's nothing we can do. We're more than sorry"

"Give her a minute-" "the sooner the better, we need to figure out who the other body is so that we can find the family."

"Goddammit do you guys not take a fucking hint-" "it's fine" I exhaled lightly, leaning off of Calum.

"I'm coming with you-" "Calum you have morphine in your system" Ashton spoke, making me know that he couldn't.

"I'll be okay" I whispered.

"I'll come right back-" "Luke will go with you"

Luke and I followed the police to the basement.

We went into a cold room, Luke brought me into his hold.

I was shaking, it was hard to breathe- I didn't want to see this.

They slowly pulled out one body, I blanket covering hips down, the persons chest open, a large hole in the head- a bullet wound.

"No" I coughed out- finding it hard to even look at other dead people.

They shut it, opening the one directly side it, pulling the body out.

My dad.

My best fucking friend.

Was dead and blue on a metal fucking table.

"Yep" I exhaled.

"That's him" I confirmed.

"Thank you- we're sorry again-" I didn't stay to hear their pity.

"I need the restroom" I spoke quickly to Luke, pace walking through the halls.

"We can go in Calum's room" he spoke just as I saw the public restroom.

"I'll be just a sec-" he tried to stop me from going in on my own but I moved too fast.

As soon as the door shut behind me I let out a sob, falling to my knees on the bathroom floor.

I cried into Luke's shirt, not moving- not even able to move.

This was the end