Chapter 1

I have a story. My story. About the time I was pregnant at the young age of 13. I know. I'm to young to be a mother, but, I lost control! I couldn't help myself. But, there's a story on why it happened. It's not my fault! It's my stupid parents fault! Here's the story.

I hang my backpack up on the rack we have. We live close to the school so I walk home most of the time.

         I walk to the dining room which was in the same room as the kitchen. There I saw my mom and my dad. "Hey guys!" I say. I then saw, a guy. Who is that? "Hi." My mom says.

     What's up with her? She usually asks how my day was and she calls me her love.

       "Is everything okay?" I ask.

My mom sighs. "Well." She looked around. "You might wanna sit down for this." She says.

   I look around. "Okay." I say in a shaky voice. I sit down and prepare for what's to come. But nothing could have prepared me for what she said. "Kalli." She sighs. "I'm so sorry for not telling you this". She says. "Mom, you're freaking me out." I say, putting my hand on my heart. She tears up. "Mom, please just say it." I say while holding her hands. She breaths. "You know how I was pregnant with you at 16?" She says. I nod. "Well." She says. " Grayson is not your birth dad." She said, looking down.

"I am." The guy says. What? Is this real life? My life was a big fat lie. "What?" I manage to say. "I'm so sorry." My mom said. " I shoot up. "So you have been lying to me for 13 years?" I scream. "I had to!" My mom starts. "Jake was not ready to be a father!" My mom states. "That doesn't matter!" I say. "You have been lying to me for 13 damn years!" I scream. "Kalli!" She yells. "I don't care!" I yell. "I'm leaving!" I yell at them. "What?" My mom asks. I grab my small purse and I leave the house.

My mom chases after me but I just keep sprinting. Sprinting away from home. Away from my broken family.