Chapter Fifty-Four

I was woken up throughout the night because it was either Eve who cried, Anaya who had to pee, Katie who was scared of the dark, or Morgan who also started to cry.

I got more exhausted each time. Damien didn't move a muscle, he was still knocked out cold through all that.

In the morning I groaned waking up. I felt like I haven't slept at all. The sun was streaming in through the open window.

I'm going to kill whoever opened that curtain. I turned back over, trying to hide my face in the pillow. Oh shoot. The kids!

Immediately I shot up scanning the room. They were gone. The fort had been taken down, the sheets nicely folded, the mattresses stacked together and to the side.

I glanced over at the crib to see the baby gone as well. Oh no, Damien's gone. Shit!

Quickly I rushed up, grabbing my robe and putting it on in a hurry. I almost sprinted out the door and stopped seeing one of the omegas.

"Where's Damien?" She only raised a brow at me.

"In the kitchen miss" I thanked her and took off sprinting again.

I don't think I've ever run this fast in my life.

I almost tripped turning a corner to get there. I stopped in front of the kitchen to see two guards standing there at the entrance. They bowed their heads as I passed and I sped in.

The girls were all sitting at the counter top, giggling like usual. Damien had his back turned to me, he was at the stove.

Something smelled like it was burning. He must've noticed I was there, he turned holding the baby in one hand and a spatula in the other hand. He had a pink apron on covering his bare top. He also had on a chef hat? What the-

"Auntie Claire!" The girls squealed.

They all then got off to their chairs, racing over to me. They all then hugged me and I smiled lightly. They then broke away as I started to move towards Damien.

"Help me" I looked over at his very burned pancakes.

I bit my lip holding back a laugh. I took the hat off of his head and put it on mine.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I lowered the burner setting on the stove and went to discard the burned pancakes.

"You were tired and spent the whole night with them. I wanted to help" He's being cute for once.

He walked around, putting the baby in a high chair. He came back over and wrapped his arms around me.

I hummed, pouring the batter into the pan to attempt to save the pancakes.

"Plus I want to practice for when we have pups" He spoke into my ear, pulling my robe back a bit to kiss my mark.

I swore I turned beet red. I didn't answer him or even acknowledge it. I felt his hold on me loosen a bit.

"Claire?" I shook my head, getting out of his grip.

I flipped the pancakes over.

He just had to ruin the moment.

~

"Claire you are a life saver. Were they that much trouble?" Tatyana now looked like she was rested and not raccoon eyed anymore.