Make New Friends But Hide The Old

Start from the beginning

"Agreed, let's go check." Luke suggested and we made the elevator go back up to see them.

The door opened and we saw Bertram and Jess dancing together happily and I snickered. Once they saw us, they moved away awkwardly.

"Knew it." I scoffed.

"Told you." Luke says.

"That's just cold." Zuri shook her head and the doors closed again.

——

I walked into the school with Luke and Ravi and I already hated it. Right off the bat, a few boys winked at me and tried to talk to me, but Luke came to my rescue and defended me.

We walked down the halls and Luke was taking something out of his backpack, but instead Kenny the Koala fall out.

"Kenny the Koala?" I asked in a hushed voice and Luke quickly picked up the bear, shoving him back inside.

"First day jitters, brother?" Ravi asked him.

"No! Jessie must've accidentally shoved him in with all my stuff!" Luke remarked, embarrassed.

"Whatever you have to tell yourself, bro." Ravi says with folded arms.

"First lesson I learned, don't let Jessie pack your stuff." I advised my freckled friend. Luke went over to his locker and he pulled out Kenny, but he was spotted.

"Hey, Little Lukey. Did you bring your teddy bear to school today?!" Billy asked him and I glared at Billy.

"Oh, Kenny?" Luke says and immediately corrects himself. "I mean this random bear I've never saw before in my life." He held Kenny close, turning away. "I'm sorry, just go with it."

"Really? Then who's Teddy-Weddy is he?" Billy asked and Luke looked embarrassed and humiliated.

I was about to step in but Ravi beat me to it.

"Kenny is my teddy weddy!" Ravi admitted, grabbing Kenny. "Or to be more precise, my Koala Woala."

Billy and the other bullies laughed.

"We got ourselves a bear lover boys." Billy chuckled and they walked away from us.

Luke looked relieved and hugged his brother. "Thanks Ravi. I can't believe you took a bear for me."

"Well, you are my brother and you have your reputation to uphold as big man on campus or as I am barely a man on campus." Ravi mentions and I rub his shoulder.

As nice as it was that Ravi took the hit, Luke should repay it and tell the truth. That's what brothers do, Ravi did his part now it's Luke's time to do that.

I walked over to my locker and put my stuff inside. I made sure no one was looking and checked my bag to make sure Penny the Pig was inside.

I zipped up my bag and closed my locker only to see Billy standing there.

"Hey, Jasmine." He greeted with a smirk.

"Hi." I deadpanned and tried my best to ignore him.

"You know I couldn't help but notice that you're quite attractive." He moved closer and I stepped back.