Not Her Clint Barton

Start from the beginning

"S-stop that patient!" Natasha ordered as she rushed after Clint, syringe in hand. Several patients, doctors, and nurses turned to watch Clint struggle to escape. Some acted afraid of him, and some were gasping about how they didn't think he had survived the facility. She would tackle him if she absolutely needed to, but her act was soon deemed unnecessary after watching Clint accidentally slide into a wall and bash his casted arm against the solid surface. She arrived at his side as soon as he slid down the wall and collapsed on his knees.

"N-Nat..." Clint nervously looked at her, his eyes glassy from holding back tears of pain and sorrow. It was like he had immediately snapped back into reality. "I-I'm sorry...I...I didn't mean..."

She quietly shushed him as she shook her head. "Don't...you were scared, but it's okay. You're okay..." Natasha watched as Clint tried to focus on her, but his eyes soon widened when Cody and another nurse approached from behind Natasha.

"We'll take it from here." The Black Widow turned around to face Cody and another SHIELD Medical technician, who was much larger than Clint.

"It's okay. He's fine. I've got him..." Natasha tried to wave them off, but the new technician stepped past her, roughly grabbed Clint's good arm and shoulder, and hoisted him to his feet. Clint winced and tried to pull away in response, but he new nurse kept a tight hold on the archer.

"I said I could handle him." Natasha shot a glare at the nurses.

Cody sighed, sounding irritated

Cody sighed, sounding irritated. "Miss Romanoff, can you handle him, though? You were supposed to be watching him! Doctor Simmons told me that you asked for the removal of his restraints...that you would be able to handle him if he became disoriented and tried to fight." He scoffed. "Look where we are now." The nurse then turned to the technician securing Barton. "Take him back to his room, tie him down, and sedate him. He's not getting released again until he's discharged."

"N-No!" Clint tried to pull away again, but soon enough, there were more SHIELD nurses trying to direct him back to his room. The archer pulled back and forth as he felt gloved hands grab at his arms, shoulders, and hospital gown as they tried to control him. The left sleeve of his gown ripped as he lurched forward, but he was immediately pulled back.

"Don't touch him!" Natasha pulled one of the larger nurses away from Clint, prepared to fight. Her eyes burned with rage. "Do you want to go through the same pain he's gone through? Touch him again, and I swear I'll make that happen." She growled as she threw the panicked nurse into the wall.

"Agent Romanoff..." The female agent stared at the nurse for another second before letting him go and turning to the voice demanding her attention.

Agent Phil Coulson had a gun pointed at her. "They're only trying to help Barton...you need to stand down."

Natasha straightened up, keeping a straight face. "Tell them to let him go."

"I can't allow that. There's a fact that we have to face here: Barton is a human weapon...and so are you. He's endangering himself and others. Because of this escape attempt, he may have to have his arm reset...again." Coulson put his gun down before approaching Natasha. "Seeing you may help him calm down."