Chapter Four

"WHAT?!" Kiri yelled, he couldn't be any louder if he tried. He looks like he's going to die.

"You didn't let me finish. Kirishima isn't to do any of the chores, unless we have a lot of work to do on the ship. Kirishima can help people, but he is not allowed to take on any chores by himself."

I smile. I'm so unreasonably happy with this new rule. Then, I realize something.

"Didn't you say there's a few new rules?" I ask. Kiri jabs me in the ribs. When I look at him, he's shooting daggers. As I look at Kiri, I get a good glimpse of everyone else. They all look so happy, too. I can't blame them. The only thing I have in common with everyone on this ship, is being worried about Kiri's selflessness.

"Yes. Kirishima has to eat at least two full meals a day." Captain Aizawa looks at Kiri. "Full meals."

"This... This isn't fair! Does this all really matter?!" Kiri stands up and retorts. He's actually yelling, and I'm pretty sure everyone's surprised, as we've never heard him yell before.

"Yes, Kirishima, it does. You are a valued shipmate. One of our best. And you've done enough for this ship and it's occupants. It's very obvious that everything you've done has taken a huge toll on you- not just emotionally." Aizawa walks over to Kiri and puts a hand on his shoulder. "The weight you lose on the trips... it's become obvious. Listen to me, Son, I-" Aizawa's hand is pushed off Kiri's shoulder, and he speaks before Aizawa can continue.

"You don't call me 'son'." Kiri glares at him. Then, he walks away. I stand up to go after him, but Aizawa stops me.

"Just a second, please." He says. "The reason I told you all these, is because I expect you to uphold these. Kirishima may not want to follow these rules, so I want you all to, basically, force him to follow the rules. Bakugou, you may go."

I take off in the direction Kirishima went.

...

I go to our cabin first. He has no where else to go.

And, apparently, I know Kiri well, because, when I open the door to our cabin, I hear Kiri's soft sobs from a corner of the room. I grab the blanket from the bed and take it to him. I loosely put the blanket on his shoulder.

He shoves it off.

"Kirishima. I need you to take the blanket." I put the blanket on him again, but Kiri throws it to the best of his abilities.

"What is such a big deal about not being able to take on all the chores on the ship? You can still help people with the chores, you just can't do them by yourself."

"But I want to do them by myself! I want to do all the chores. I want to eat barely anything. I know that sounds crazy, but I do it for you all."

"You don't need to do that for us. It's nice to know you care, but you can't work yourself until you're dead or starve yourself just for us."

"B-But-" Kiri starts to cry. It breaks my heart to see him like this.

"No. I don't want you to do all that stuff for us. We appreciate it and all, but you're killing yourself. Do you know how upset we all would be if you died?"

"Really upset?" Kiri sniffles.

"Extremely upset." I rub his shoulder. "Hey, why don't we go to the deck? Looking out at the sea always calms you down, right?"

"Yeah." Kiri stands up with my help. I grab the blanket and wrap Kiri in it. I put my arm around his shoulders so he can't throw it off.

When we get to the deck, no one is there, which makes me happy. Kiri is more open when there's no one else around except me.

We look out at the sea, the waves splashing against each other. Kiri leans into me, resting his head on my shoulder. He takes off the blanket, but only for a bit, as he wraps it around the both of us. I smile and put my hand on his waist, pulling him closer to me.

Soon, we both hear footsteps on the wood of the deck.

"I hope you know I only put those rules in play because we all care about you." Captain Aizawa says, coming up next to us.

"Y-Yeah... I know. It's gonna be hard at first." Kiri comes closer to me.

"I understand. But I need you to try. Bakugou, make sure he follows the new rules." Aizawa walks off.

"Ya hear that? You gotta try. And I'll make sure you try." I tell Kiri. He scoffs.

"And what's in it for you?"

"Me? I get my best friend."

"Heh, as if that's a valid enough reason."

I lightly slap him on the shoulder.

"It is. You're my best friend, man. You're the one who keeps me sane on these trips. I can't lose you."

"You two boys." Aizawa chuckles. "Sometimes, everyone on this ship thinks you two are more than best friends."

Kiri's face becomes red. He leaves and goes to our room, leaving the blanket with me.

"Bakugou, I've seen the way you look at Kirishima. I must ask. Son, do you love him?"

"Love him? Pfft, I mean..." I hesitate. "Platonically."

Aizawa looks at me with disbelief clear in his eyes.

"Okay, so, maybe I don't know. But that doesn't matter." I walk off, going to my room.

Once I get there, Kiri's sitting on the bed. He stands up when he sees me.

"Hey, uh... Not to seem... selfish..." Kiri looks disgusted, like just saying the word could make him sea-sick. "B-But... I get cold easily, so I was wondering if I could..." Kiri hesitates.

"Uh-huh?" I know what he wants. I just want him to be able to say it.

"C-Could I-I borrow the b-blanket?" He finally asks, avoiding my gaze. I scoff and chuckle, wrapping the blanket around his shoulders.

"It's your blanket, too. Don't be afraid to ask for it." I pat his head. "Good job on asking, though. Took you a minute, but you still got it out. Good job."

Kiri smiles. It's wider than his normal smile.

Maybe I do love this boy.