Chapter 9

Malia

As soon as the table was set, the door bell rung, Tiffany as the head maid went to open the door and welcomed the guests,it was a girl about my age and an older man and woman,who am guessing are her parents.

The King and Queen came downstairs and welcomed the guests warmly before they headed to the dining table to have dinner.

I noticed the Prince had not come down yet.

"Where is my son" the Queen asked.

On que,the Prince walked in looking all dashing and handsome in dark blue suit he just changed to.

The lady who arrived with her parents stood up and kissed the Prince in front of everyone.

Their parents were smiling while I was shocked and disappointed for some reason as I watched the scene that displayed in front of me.

Suddenly the Prince pushed her back softly and went across to sit beside his parents while she sat with hers.

I got angry all suddenly not understand how I possessed this amount of jealousy,I know we are not in any relationship of any kind but how could he do this to me.I managed to hold back the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes.

I noticed later the Prince was upset throughout the entire dinner and said little or nothing to the conversation around the table.
I later found out that the lady who kissed him was Jessica and they had a history together.

Maybe she was the ex-girlfriend he told me about.

How dare she kiss my Anderson after what she did,i just want to smack her fake face right to the wall.What a.......
Oh my when did I become this possessive over Anderson who is just a friend.

After dinner I and the staffs cleared out the dinning and cleaned up.
I walked to my room thinking of what had happened earlier,but i quickly shock off my thoughts as I heard Anderson call me

"What are you thinking about Malia,have been calling you for a while now and you were not responding."Anderson said

" Oh nothing,am so sorry,I didn't hear you" I replied not meeting his eyes.

He look at me in doubt then he said
"You promise to tell me what  ever is bothering you right?"

"Of course. We are friends right"I replied sourly. The word 'friend' has become so bitter in my mouth whenever it comes to him.

"You are more than a friend to me remember that" he said,then he pecked me and left.

My heart started beating fast at the confession Anderson just made. I feel the same towards him but I can't express it, we are world apart,He is rich and am just a maid.

I heard rumors that the Prince must marry someone from a wealthy home .
Am just not the right one for him,at times like this,I wish I could meet up to the standard of the kind of bride the Queen picks for the Prince but I know that will never be possible.

I slowly walked up to my room with lots of thoughts running through my mind.

Thanks for reading my story
Please kindly
Comment and
Vote
Thank you. 🤗