CH. XXXIII

⋆ ☄︎. · ̊ * 🔭
chapter thirty-three
( flashback - germany, 2010 )

 · ̊ * 🔭chapter thirty-three( flashback - germany, 2010 )

Ahri pulls the black hood over her saturated form as she saunters in the soft rain, small pellets of water spitting on her hands as the remainder of the drops quench the scattered puddles decorating the asphalt

Through one of the pools of rainwater, the familiar house is brought back to her attention. She manages to lift her head up just a bit, gazing at the place while nearing it with heavy steps.

The sigh she lets out while standing right in front of the building is loud and long, adding a little touch of a fog to the slight breeze escaping her.

Before her hand could even come in physical contact with the doorknob, it's slammed open, resulting her eyes to stretch in light fear.

The sweet smell of jasmine lingers in the air so that when she crosses the threshold it's like a shot of adrenaline right to the kid's heart.

Silence crashes down around her, as she's being stared at by her own blood and flesh.

Even the fall leaves have ceased their scudding along the stone path. Then she steps out from the house in her floral blouse, the cardigan covering her dark bruises just for the smallest bit.

She smiles sadly; her lips turning upwards, yet her eyes welling up with salty water droplets.

The older woman steps nearer, the jasmine is now so heady it's almost poison, the little girl wants to hold her breath but that is not going to be quick.

The lips of the oblivious girl turn downward as her mother kneels down to match her own height, softly brushing Ahri's hair away as she does so.

Behind the masked smile she wears on her face, there is sadness and shock. She anxiously looks at her left and right, repeatedly as a single sound passes by, checking for signs of danger that will not come.