-50-

S5

- Chapter 50 -
Loyalty

- Chapter 50 -Loyalty

I sit in my walk-in closet of my Manhattan penthouse staring at the designer gown hanging up contemplating if I still want to go tonight

I sit in my walk-in closet of my Manhattan penthouse staring at the designer gown hanging up contemplating if I still want to go tonight. I'm attending dinner with my father and the judge overseeing my case to see if we can work some charm on him. Maybe we can work out a deal or get the case dropped altogether. I can only hope this doesn't backfire on me.

I drop my robe to the floor grabbing the designer dress putting it on. Once I've zipped it up I put on a pair of gold YSL heels. While reapplying lip gloss I take a deep sigh. I missed being in New York City, but it just doesn't feel the same. Everything is so different. Everyone I considered to be my close friends that were apart of my daily life aren't around anymore...

They're not around because I decided to distance myself from them. Draco, Paloma, Rhea, Athena, and there's more than that. And with this distance I've had nothing but peace and no drama therefore confirming the source comes from other people. And as much as I want to reach out to these people and go on about life like it used to be I can't. Even when I did reach out to Draco to ask him about Cordelia's date to prom and if he knows the young man, he didn't answer or get back to me.

It's crazy how you go from talking to and seeing someone everyday then you don't. I look around my closet laughing to myself when I think about Christmas when Draco came over drunk and we had sex in here. From that day everything changed. We got closer and we were always together. For once in my life I lived recklessly and it backfired on me.

When my phone rings I get out of my thoughts looking at my phone seeing it's my Dad. "Hello?"

"I'm downstairs."

"I'm coming," I respond grabbing my gold clutch and phone before going downstairs. It's quiet so I can only assume that my sister, Miranda, isn't here. I ride the elevator down to the lobby walking out of the building getting into my Dad's Rolls Royce Phantom. "Hi, Dad," I greet him seeing he's wearing a black suit.