Chapter 16

Brian
"Our first night in the new flat..." Liz noted. I nodded with a small 'hm'. "Night then," I leaned and gave her a quick hug before disappearing into our respective rooms. I was in a white undershirt I had stolen from Freddie and my boxers, while Liz was in a silver nightdress. To be honest, it really flattered her features.

I slipped under the quilt my mother had knitted me for my 20th birthday and clicked off my lamp. I always had a small crush on Liz, before she was Liz. Even when we all thought she identified as a man. I just know that she doesn't like me back, and that's why I married my wife. I still like girls, but I also like boys too. I don't want to tell her, though. She generously lets me live with her and we're good friends; I don't want to ruin it. One thing that she did does make me curious if she does like me back, though.

She agreed that we are like a married couple, I wonder if she does have feeling for me. That night, before she hit the wall and broke her wrist, she didn't get angry when she caught me looking at her chest. It was inappropriate, but she is quite the beautiful lady.

I stared at the ceiling in the dark, wondering what my game plan would me. I didn't ask to move in just to get in her pants, if that's what she's thinking. I really did need a place to sleep and Liz let me move in.

I felt the blanket shift lower on the bed and for a second I thought it was a ghost, lifting it up. My heart started pounding, so I reached over to turn on the lamp so I could see if there was, indeed, a ghost in my room. Upon further inspection, it seemed that thinking about Liz had gotten me... a little excited. I laughed quietly at my own stupidity. I mean, really. A ghost lifted up the blanket? Impossible; Ghosts aren't real.

I sighed, knowing that it wouldn't go away unless I did something about it. I pulled off the covers and crept to my bathroom. If Liz wakes up now, I would just about die of embarrassment. 'Well,' I thought as sat on the toilet seat and got myself situated with the lotion. 'I guess I'll just have to be quiet.'

Liz
Dear God.
The faint noises coming from the hall bathroom were pretty fucking obscene, but I was not going to mention it. It's not like I haven't done those things in the past, and I've been more raunchy than that, but I was a tad embarrassed about hearing Brian go at it.

I laid in the light of my starfish nightlight trying desperately to go to sleep. Sleep, however, decided to skip me that night and I endured a couple minutes of fap noises before deciding to get some water. I giggled to myself as I crept past the door on my way to the kitchen, because my mind is way to filthy to not laugh. I took a bottle out of the fridge and ran into the wall just as I was about to reach my bedroom door.

"Oh, sorry," the wall said. I then realized that I had bumped into Brian. I didn't know the flat very well, and it was pitch black so I had to go off of where my door was. "Hey Bri. Can't sleep?" I decided to just go for it.

"Uh... YEAH. Yep, just couldn't fall asleep and I had to use the loo so that's why I'm not in my bed. Alright, goodnight." The older man stammered before scuttling into his room. I smiled in the dark, even though nobody could see me. 'I'll twist the knife in the morning,' I thought as I drifted off to sleep.

______

"Morning Brian," I yawned as I walked into the kitchen. He was sitting there, reading a book with a cup of coffee in hand. I looked at the cover as I walked by: Jupiter and You: How To Astrophysics. He looked up at the mention of his name. "Hey Princess!" I laughed at the pet name and poured myself a cup of coffee. I stirred in the sugar and was setting down the spoon as I jumped when I felt a pair of hands snake around my waist. "What're you doing?" I laughed. "Turn around," Brian murmured into my right ear. I turned around to see him very close to me. Uncomfortably close. So close, it made me a little scared.

His hands were still on my waist and my ass was against the counter. I got a really weird feeling about the whole situation, but I suppressed it. It's Brian! He wouldn't do anything weird. Just then, I felt a pair of lips roughly on mine. The kiss lasted a few seconds until I pushed him away. Brian stumbled backwards with a worried expression.

"What the hell?" I felt so weird; my best friend kissed me!

"Liz, I've liked you since before you were out," he said. I thought back to all the times we hung out or he complimented me. Was that all for nothing? Did he move in with me just so he could get in my pants?

Brian
I waited anxiously for her reaction. What if she doesn't like me back? God, I've really fucked up now.

"Brian," she began, not meeting my eyes. "Let me get one thing straight: we are good friends. Nothing more." She grabbed her coffee and scurried to her room, stomping on my heart as she went.