twenty seven

"My son," Jungkook whispers as he reaches for his crying son, hands shaking rapidly. "My Spiderman..."

Jungkook gently lifts his son and as soon as the baby boy is in his father's arms, he stops crying. The one who's crying now is Jungkook because he's so overwhelmed and his heart has never felt so full. He feels like this is yet another dream or a visual hallucination caused as a side effect of the tranquilliser but his sense of touch is strong and everything is real.

"My sweet child," Jungkook sobs, cradling his baby.

The baby gazes at his father, doe eyes wide and mouth open. Taehyung comes running towards Jungkook and he squeals like a kid by seeing his unrelated nephew. The other hybrids surround their alpha and all of them are itching to hold the baby, but this is no time for baby fever.

"Jungkook-ssi, we should get going. This could be a trap," Taemin advises.

Jungkook sniffles and leaves a sweet, lingering kiss on his son's rosy cheek before he leads his pack out of the abandoned factory. Taehyung's the only one who notices a note lying on the ground underneath the table the baby was on and he picks it up before he follows the others. No doubt it's a note from Park Woosang.

"I don't want to jinx it but this was way too easy," Chanyeol voices everyone's common thought. "I know all of you guys are thinking the same thing."

Everyone's quiet, but then Taehyung speaks.

"Park Woosang left a note," Taehyung says and reads it out. "May this sweet boy be under the protection of Kim Seokjin. Because I'm coming after you and your clan, Jeon Jungkook."

"Oooh, scary," Baekhyun says in a spooky voice, wiggling his fingers to exaggerate.

Chanyeol smacks the back of Baekhyun's head and Baekhyun just smacks Chanyeol back, only twice as hard.

"What if this was a distraction to get Seokjin?" Kyungsoo suddenly says.

Jungkook immediately vanishes, carefully holding onto his son who's now sleeping peacefully, and the others follow their alpha. They all find themselves back home and they're left confused because they expected a disaster but everything's normal. The only thing that's out of the ordinary is a fresh human scent.

Seokjin's eyes soften when he sees Jungkook carrying their sleeping son and he immediately rushes towards them. Jungkook doesn't hesitate to give the baby to Seokjin and Seokjin gets emotional as he gazes at his son whose tiny body is draped with a plain white fabric that has some blood stains. Even after suffering so much as a fetus, the baby was still born healthy.

"He's s-so beautiful," Seokjin whispers, cradling his baby as tears build up in his eyes.

Seokjin leans in and kisses his son's chubby cheek. Jungkook just watches with adoration, wanting nothing more than to have a happy life with his family. He wants to bring the hallucinations he experienced to reality.

"How did you guys find him?" Seokjin asks, looking at Jungkook and the others.

"We heard a baby crying so we followed the sound and found him alone in some kind of factory," Taehyung answers, standing beside Jungkook.

"Alone?" Seokjin questions.

"Yeah, but Park Woosang left a note," Taehyung says and shows the note to Seokjin.