Chapter 2

Annabeth's POV

I couldn't sleep last night. And it definitely wasn't because I was excited about school. I always dreaded it because I had to act like a completely different person than who I actually am in order to get the stupid Barbie's immunity to everything. I'm just a survivor doing whatever I have to do in order to get out of high-school alive. My alarm clock rings, it's 8:30. I have exactly half an hour to get ready and put up with the world's biggest bitches. I take a quick cold shower to completely wake up and blow dry my hair as I choose my outfit for today. I decided with something I'm more comfortable in while still being acceptable for the Barbies, a baby blue crop top that ties up in the front and a white lace bra underneath it, white skinny jeans, and black converse. I quickly braided my hair to the side and went for a natural makeup look, I looked into the mirror and smiled a bit ' i mean.. not bad' i thought to myself and I walked out the door on my way to Goode High-School

I met the girls where we always do every morning, every year, and then do the dramatic entrance towards the main hallway where most people are. That's always the goal, for people to see us and wish they were us. I feel disgusted with myself and slowly extend a little behind the rest of the group. I notice it looks kind of obvious I moved but I didn't really care, I looked down to fix my shirt when I feel a pair of eyes looking directly at me.

From the corner of my eye, I catch sight of the guy staring at me- you could tell he was trying hard to not make it obvious, it was kind of funny- he was tall at least 6 foot, really really attractive, dark hair, dark clothing, but his eyes. oh gods, his eyes. Even though I caught sight of them for half a second, I could see the ocean in his vibrant green eyes. I think his name is Perseus, but I've heard a few people call him Percy. I've had classes with him in the past before, but we never really talked at all. I hardly knew him.

The bitches interrupted my thoughts abruptly. " Okay, we're at your locker now loser, bye." I rolled my eyes as they finally walked away and pulled out my favorite book from my locker and started to read to pass some time before the first period began. All of a sudden I notice Percy head towards the Principal's office, I knew he was a bit of trouble maker but I didn't think that by the first day back he would already have done something... right?

I shook the thoughts from my head, it doesn't matter. I really shouldn't be in somebody else's business that doesn't concern me. I remained slouching against my locker reading about the greatest pieces of architecture in the world, it absolutely fascinated me and I would love to have an architecture in my future. I smile a bit at the thought of my future and as if on cue- Percy exits Mr. Chiron's office with a stupid smile... did he really not care about whatever he did that got him sent to the principal or was he sent to the principal for a completely different, good reason? As the bell rang, the smile slowly melted off his face and he headed in the opposite direction from me. Oh, he was the mysterious type alright. I made it my personal mission this year to learn more about dear Perseus. 

The rest of the day went on fine until the lunch bell rang. Just as I was about to pack my things I got a text from an anonymous number. 'huh, that's strange' i thought to myself as I opened the text message and felt my whole world crumble to pieces. It read " look what I've got here Annie..now. if you don't do as I say when I say to do it for the rest of the school year, this picture will be sent to everybody in school, with your name under it." followed by a picture of me, flashing my bare breasts. I felt disgusted. I couldn't believe how somebody got a hold of that old picture! I ran out of class holding back tears and went to the library, the least populated area in school always.  I hid behind a random shelf and cried, I cried for so long. I couldn't believe I was being blackmailed by this random person. I took that picture 2 years ago and sent it to my then-boyfriend Luke Castellan after he had practically begged me to let him see something intimate, I regretted it almost instantly. He'd screenshot it but I practically threatened to kill him if he didn't delete it, so he did reluctantly. I thought it was safe from there on and never thought about the issue ever again, until now. I realized that I never thought of the possibility that he could've sent it around before he deleted it, and now it's been brought up again.. but by who? and why..?

I sat there for the remainder of lunch sobbing quietly. I didn't even care to look up when I heard somebody else enter the library and make a small stop in front of where I was sitting, with my knees to my head. Part of me wanted that person to sit down next to me and try to comfort me in my situation and tell me that it would be okay, but I just heard a small sigh and the person walked past me. That made me break down, even more, not a single person in this entire school cares about me. not a single soul. and I hated myself for it. I had never wanted to disappear more in my life.

( A/N - hey peeps. please don't hesitate to let me know what you're thinking so far! Feel free to leave any suggestions or constructive criticism. Again, no  hate please <3 )