James Stands for Comfort (Hamfield/Hetmett)

This is my first time successfully writing a M/M fanfic of my favorites! I have like three drafts (one being a Hetstaine and two being Jameson but I feel like those are never gonna get done so). The title comes from a Kate Bush song. Please enjoy this one, I wrote it within 30 minutes. There's also no sexual content, pretty much fluff. But don't worry, there'll be more racy fic soon. :)
This is set somewhere between RtL-MoP days as well.
********

"Another nightmare, huh?"
James asked as he brushed some of his golden locks out of the way of his sight.
His eyes met Kirk, standing in the doorway of his room looking as sullen and frightened as ever. Kirk's brunette curls covered most of his face, masking any sort of emotional or facial response. He nodded, allowing James to proceed with moving his covers and adjust the few blankets on his bed.
"Alright, bud. C'mon."
Kirk treaded towards the welcoming yet messy bed, curling up within the blanket next to his bandmate.
James was asleep for most of the day, so he wasn't really concerned about whatever was on tv. He sat up, back resting against the headboard, and stared off into the noise of the television. One of his hands found itself playing with Kirk's curls as he rested his head in James' lap.
"James?" His weak and unsteady voice seemed to have brought James back to some sort of reality.
He looked down at the brunette nestled in his lap. His mouth turned into a weak but assuring smile and his crystalline eyes seemed to have made Kirk feel even more comforted.
"What's up, kiddo?" He started to rub Kirk's back gently.
"What do you do when you have a nightmare?"
James suppressed a little snort.
"What kinda question is that?"
Kirk then sat up along with James, combing through his curls and looking deeply into James' eyes, with that same childlike, hopeful and doe-eyed look he seemed to exhibit whenever he felt passionate about something.
"I know...it sounds stupid. But, I keep having really bad dreams and of course I come to you. 'Cause you're kinda the only thing that helps me calm down. So I figured to ask how you deal with these things because y'know," tears started to form in those coffee brown eyes of his. "I look up to you a lot. You're like a role model to me."
James pulled Kirk in for a warm embrace. Kirk proceeded to let the waterworks flow. He was getting James' shirt all wet but it was old and well overdue for a wash anyways.
"Kirk, it's okay. You mean a lot to me too. The fact you'd look up to me, aw shit. You're gonna make me cry too, ya chump." This made Kirk laugh, drawing a laugh out of James too. Kirk pulled away from the embrace and met James' gaze again.
"Well, you always know how to make me feel better." He proceeded to punch James in the arm, softly at least.
Kirk knows he'd lose at punchies like always, but James let him slide this time.
"I haven't had a nightmare in a while. But, I say you should come to terms with whatever it is that's the main issue in the nightmare itself. I'm here to help fix that, too."
"Thank you, James. I love you."
Silence filled the very tiny gap between them.
James opened his mouth but words were unable to form let alone come out.
All he could do was draw his face closer to Kirk's and settle his hands on the bandmate's hips.
Kirk's full lips were tenderly taken in by James' smooth and plump ones and Kirk rested his hands on James' broad shoulders. The romantic gesture only lasted seconds yet was so invigorating for both boys.
Kirk was damn near blushing and his dimple showed itself.
"You're so fuckin' cute when you smile. I love to see that dimple of yours and those fucked up teeth."
"Shut up, James. You're one to talk. Those gorgeous lips, defined face and boyish acne just make me want to kiss you over and over."
James and Kirk proceeded to snuggle in bed before James got up to take a piss.
When he appeared back in the bedroom, he had his beaten up Vans and camo pants on with the car keys in his hand.
"Wanna go on a Waffle House run? We could grab Lars and Cliff a little something to eat for when they wake up and go spend some time with ourselves!"
Kirk sprung outta bed and slipped right into his worn out Converses.
"Do you even have to ask?"