Chapter Thirty seven:

Music: Nobody Speak - DJ shadow ft Run the Jewels

Date: July 3rd 2019

Why's it so cold...where's summer??

Y/N

"Look back casually" he softly said to me

"How about nah" I said nervously.

"No..look"

Reluctantly, I turned my head quickly to take a quick glance. HOLY MOTHER OF AHHH

The alien that I had saw back then in the forest. It was stalking behind us on all fours.

I screamed inside as I looked back at EJ and forced a scared smile.

"It's alright. It's just Rake. He only kills people. Oh wait-" EJ paused when he looked at me then at himself.

Then I heard it. It stood right behind me. Lord-...I felt faint at that moment.

I turned around, afraid of what I would see. And yup. The humanoid monster stood. It was so boney, its arms were long. It stood taller than both EJ and I.

We both froze in motion.

"Rake. Stop it. It's Jeff's girlfriend" EJ hissed as he smacked rake on the head multiple times with his hand.

BRO IT GONNA KILL US NOW WTF-

oh.

Surprisingly Rake tilted its head and slowly backed away from us before completely disappearing behind bushes.

"I was this close to peeing myself" I sniffed as I tried to regain my composure.

EJ paused, he didn't walk. "EJ?" I called out softly. "What's wrong?"

"Huh...strange" he murmured softly to himself as he seemed to stare into the forest distance.

"What..?" I said, fearful of what he'd respond with. He shook his head softly and continued to talk

He didn't even respond to me, which made me even more unsettled

"The dont look back thing... Was it because of that... that Rake" I murmured

"Yep.." he bluntly said

....

We made it back to the mansion as quickly as possible. Something was off about EJ.

He seemed upset about something, but he wouldn't tell me anything.

When we made it back to the mansion, I was happy to find NO DAMN SPIDERS-

When I made it to Jeff's room to surprise him, he wasn't there. Then I went in other rooms, he still wasn't there.

I asked Ben where Jeff had gone and he told me he went out to have fun.

...

I have no idea what that means-..but I will not assume what I am assuming.

I lazily waited on his bed for him to come home. As the day went by, it got hotter and hotter.

I was boiling and almost died on the floor.

My pants eventually came off of me as I died in the sudden heat.

I was bored, so I went into the kitchen. I got use to being in Jeff's boxers...they were literally just shorts... very comfortable shorts

Of course Ben was playing another game in the living room.