PROLOGUE

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

"Erika, playing jokes like this isn't funny," Mr. Morgan said, holding up a letter that was supposedly his daughter's acceptance into 'Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry'. "You know very well that your mother, the church, and I all know that being considered a 'witch' is the same as a demonic presence, and there's no way my daughter could be a demon."

"I don't know what it is, father, I swear!" Erika said desperately. Her parents were very serious about stuff like this, demons and witches and all that fake nonsense.

Mr. Morgan waved the letter around. "Then what is the name of the lord is this?"

"Father, I don't know!" Erika cried.

"This may just be a sign," Mrs. Morgan said, looking up at her husband for the first time since he started freaking out. "Maybe our daughter has some sort of demon presence, and the lord is telling us to get rid of her."

"Get rid of me?"

"Ah, yes," Mr. Morgan nodded, visibly calming down. "There's that camp an hour away, they could fix her up just fine there."

Mrs. Morgan hopped off of the sofa and headed over to the house phone. "Yes, they will fix her and our daughter will be just fine by the end of summer. This whole demonic school will forget her presence altogether."

She started to dial a number.

"Hello, is this Saint David's?" She asked. She waited for the person on the other line to answer. "Yes, well, my husband and I believe that our daughter has some sort of demon inside of her and we were hoping that you could fix her. Yes. Mhmm. We can get her over there within an hour. Yes. Thank you very much."

"Mom? Dad?" Erika asked. Her parents were now whispering to each other. "What's going on?"

"Pack your bags," Mr. Morgan said, no emotion on his face. "We're sending you to Saint David's Christian Improvement Camp until this demon is taken out of you."

This was not how Erika expected her eleventh birthday to go.

――――――――――

yikes this is short but its just a prologue sooooo
i hope you liked this! feel free to leave any feedback here. have a nice day! <3