ALTERNATIVE ENDING

Hey, Sophia!

Sorry we haven't spoken in ages, I've just been swamped with university work! And of course busy with the booooooooys ;) Girl, I got a bit tipsy at pre-drinks the other night and did something slightly stupid with that Luke guy, but omg we need a phone catch-up for that bit of info.

I miss you, babe. Why did you have to go to university all the way in Exeter?! I mean, no-one got my kiwi joke about small boobs the other day, it's like only you guys found it funny L No-one gets the pain of your joke receiving no laughs, now I know how you feel (you know it's true!!).

BUT OMG WE HAVE HOT GUYS HERE IN NEWCASTLE, COME VISIT ME SOON!!! FORGET HOT GUYS, LET US BE HOT AND COOL GIRLS WHO SHOW THESE GUYS HOW TO PARTY!! WHERE IS DINA? TELL HER TO GET HER ARSE DOWN HERE FROM MANCHESTER...I MISS MY GIRLS.

Love you. Always.

Lucy xxx

"Sophia?"

I looked up from my laptop to see my flat-mates, Sam and Rashmi, standing in front of my open door with a bemused expression on their faces. "What do you guys want? You're not talking me into going out tonight, last night fully drained me."

"Dude, you were the one who was only meant to come for a couple of hours but you stayed until 4," Rashmi reminded me as I cringed at the reminder of me shaking my hips on the dance floor. "And I don't think you're gonna come out tonight."

I raised an eyebrow. "You sound so sure, I didn't even have to convince you this time."

She moved out of the way with Sam, leaving the room to probably get ready for the bar crawl happening that night. I sat there staring at them for a moment before a figure stepped out from the side: she hesitantly smiled, playfully narrowing her eyes, and dramatically squealed while plunging for me. A huge smile broke out on my face. Honestly, there were few times I was taken by complete surprise, but this was a pleasant one.

"Lucy!" I laughed as she smothered me in her tight embrace. "I just read your email! I cannot believe you pranked me, I was so close to booking a ticket to get my cute arse to Newcastle to see my best girl!"

"Um, as if I'm not gonna visit when I'm missing my best friend," she told me. "IS THIS THE BEST SURPISE OR WHAT?! BITCH GOT PRANKED BIG TIME!"

"PARTY TIME, BITCH," I yelled, breaking out into a dance which caused me to wave my arms around a lot. "You best be staying the whole weekend. Actually, I'm not letting you leave until fucking Monday."

"I'm all yours this weekend," she laughed, tossing her hair back. "Tell your boyfriend to not get too jealous."

"Lucy, you can tell him yourself. You probably talk to him more than I do. I was quite surprised that you two hit it off. Considering you're a cool bitch and he's...well not. Not gonna lie, I almost set you two up at one point."

"That would be disgusting, you suck as a match-maker," she informed me.

"OMG LUCY, I HAVE SOMETHING MAJOR TO TELL YOU," I shouted before lowering my voice, "I couldn't tell you over the phone..."

"What is it?" she warily asked.

"I missed you," I smiled.

"You're so soppy," she pulled me in for another hug.

"We have the whole weekend to list the reasons I'm awesome, but everyone is pre-drinking I think in the kitchen. Let's go get you drunk and me super hyper, IT'S LIKE I'M DRUUUUNK OF LOOOOOVE!"

"And to think I was the wild one in college, it's always the quiet ones."

We walked into the kitchen where I saw him. Sitting on the chair, at the side with his shot of vodka, smiling at something Rashmi said. And I felt the world disappear as he become my sole focus, he became my smile. I made my way to him, leaving Lucy to talk to my flat-mates, reaching out to him as I heard someone shout "DOWN IT! DOWN IT!"

But it didn't matter. Nothing mattered as I walked toward him: we could just be chilling in his room, watching Suits, and it would always be enough. I just knew it, I just knew that I liked a boy who made me feel liked back with the glances he always gave me and simple touches which held more meaning than people realised. Like the first time we hugged, he went out of his way to show me just how much care he held for me. When he touched my shoulder, I knew it was his way of letting me know he was there. And when he kissed me, well, it was as if we were both compelled by each other because his kisses were sweet and passionate and innocent and dirty and careful and wanting, all at the same time sometimes.

"You almost missed it," he said. "It's beginning."

"You could have called me," I said as I felt his arm curl around me waist, the smell of his skin driving me crazy, and running my free hand through his dark hair. "I miss your longer hair."

"And I missed that smile of yours," he looked at me and then I knew that I was far gone for this boy. I was scared. I was happy. I was about to jump into something with no guarantee, but I realised that I had already taken a leap with the hope he was jumping next to me into this thing which drew us.

"I'm still not gonna sleep with you," I playfully whispered, because every now and then I liked making sure that we were clear where we stood. We needed communication. Communication told him that I wasn't ready for sex, it told me that he wanted it a lot, but we'd keep discussing what we were comfortable with because that's what you did in relationships, apparently. Not that we were in a relationship, we were just together yet not labeling whatever this was. But I knew that, with him, it wouldn't be too long before I was ready to take that step. 

I bent down, covering the distance between us, to kiss him. "Maybe, definitely, someday." 

ALTERNATIVE ENDING WITH SOPHIA AT UNIVERSITY.