Lulluby

Aanshi (Zeel's) POV

"May I come in?" Said Arham poking his nose from my room's half opened door.

I was broken from my trance. I was sitting outside the palace balcony, watching the setting sun, with a cup of tea in my hand. Sonbai was kind enough to arrange a warm water bubble bath and prepare a cup of cinnamon tea once I was out of the refreshing bath. I was enjoying the sunset in my room's balcony.

I was wondering how I would face Arham. We had not even started to work but after that episode things looked awkward. Until now.

"Ummm ya come in" I said when he entered the room with a tub of ice cream.

"Ice cream is a comfort food during the periods don't you know?" He smiled.

"How did you know that girls crave ice cream during periods? You have any sister?" I asked curious.

"No I don't any have sisters or cousin sisters. But I had been in a relationship. A long one" he said.

I gestured him to join me in the balcony. We sat on a bench looking at the sunset.

"Was a Girlfriend huh? Why aren't you both together now?" I asked.

" Well we met during collage and she was younger than me. She wanted to go abroad and continue her studies and make a career whereas I wanted her to marry me. We then tried long distance relationship but she found someone else and left me." He said.

"Oh" I said. I felt bad for him.

"So coming back to the topic, I used to bring her a big tub of ice cream and she would sit in my arms and we would watch tv on the bed. I would cuddle her." He said smiling.

Gosh how can someone leave a catch like him.

"Wow. I wish I had a boyfriend like you." I ended up saying aloud and he looked into my eyes. I ended up staring into his eyes for longer than necessary.

We broke our trance and he took my hand, guided me towards the bed, handed me the ice cream tub and wrapped me with the blanket lying nearby. He started television and we were busy watching television.

While he was busy watching the serial called "Big Bang Theory", I was busy ogling him. His simple V neck T-shirt and faded denims didn't fail to show his toned body. His ripped bicep muscles were clearly visible. I wondered how his girlfriend would have felt sitting in his warm but protective embrace. I wished I was in her place.

Suddenly he looked at me and caught my eyes. "Do you need something?" To which I moved my head side to side implying a "no" .

"Don't worry Aanshi. People over here seem to obey me. So if anything or anyone bothers you, do let me know" he said assuring me.

Don't get me wrong. I am a strong girl. But during my periods, I do turn into emotional wreck sometimes. This was one of the days where I wasn't able to think straight.

"You seem to be boss around here. Just like the Prince" I muttered.

He grinned. "Let's say I have an effect over people"

"But you are so handsome. I have heard that Princes are usually the most  handsome. Is the Prince Ashwin more handsome than you" I blurred. And then realised the blunder I made. Of course you don't tell a hot guy that he is hot. I must have sounded very desperate.

"I don't know who is more handsome. For that you need to meet the Prince. For now let's assume that we both are almost in the same level when it comes to the looks" he smiled.

"Can you please tell the Prince that I am dying to commence the work? I know that only one day has passed but the excitement isn't allowing me a night's sleep." I urged.

"I shall talk to His Highness. For now we can help you to sleep." He laughed.

"Wa what do you mean?" Before I could complete my statement, he climbed on the bed, took me in his arms so that I was lying against his muscular chest and my head against his left shoulder. Then he started singing soft lullaby into my ears

"Saawali si raat ho
Khwahisho Ka sath ho
Bin kahe bin sune
Baat ho tere mere
Nind jab ho lapata
Udasiya Zara hata
Khwabo ki razai main
Raat ho tere mere hmmmmm"

(In the midst of the black night, our wishes follow us... without saying or hearing anything, we just talk... when sleep is missing, don't feel sad my dear... in the blanket of dreams, we spend the night)

But if a guy like him tries to make you sleep in his arms, how can you even bat an eyelid without feeling nervous? My pulse was racing. A sudden urge to kiss his lips came into my head. I had to control myself and ask myself to calm down.

Slowly my heartbeats calmed down. His one hand was holding me and another hand was busy in gently patting my head. I got used to it after sometime. I didn't know how much time passed with us in that position. Suddenly I felt sleepy. As if invaded by the darkness and the world of dreams.