FIFTEEN

If you're not following me or if you're a ghost reader, ESPECIALLY if you're a ghost reader, I DO NOT want to see y'all messaging me or commenting telling me to update. You will get ignored. Like it's annoying and I update when I can. I understand y'all want to see the story progress and want to know what happens next but please stop telling me to update. 

A young Amber stopped in front of the doorway of her mother's bedroom, watching her mother as she sloppily packed several outfits into a large suitcase. 

"Mommy, where are you going?" She asked slowly entering the room.

"Mommy will be back soon, I'm just going on a business trip. Uncle Wade should be here soon to watch you," Maxine assured smiling at her youngest daughter, "It's okay, sweetie, I'll be back soon."

Amber shook her head vigorously at the name, "No mommy, I don't want to stay with Uncle Wade!" She leaped on the queen-sized bed, putting her hands over her mother's so she can stop packing, "Take me with you, mommy!" She pleaded.

Maxine sighed, lifting Amber up and hoisting her small body on her waist, "I can't take you on the trip with me sweetie, It's for work."

Amber pouted, "I don't like Uncle Wade."

"Now Amber, that's not nice," She scolded. "Uncle Wade loves you a lot, he's always so happy to watch you for me," Maxine set her down on the floor with a small smile. "When I get back, we'll take a trip to Disney, okay?"

Her big brown eyes grew wide, "Really, mommy?"

"Yes baby, we'll even stay in the big beautiful Disney castle!"

Sevyn stared at her sleeping mother lying in the hospital bed with tears streaming down her face, "You never did take me to Disney, but Chris did. Chris did all the things you said you would but never did." 

It was quiet and peaceful, besides the beeping from the machines sounding throughout the hospital room. The mounted television in the corner radiated a bit of light in the dark room. Sevyn stared at the muted television with delayed subtitles.

She sat back in her seat and chuckled dryly, "You'd leave me for weeks with your perverted ass brother just so you can go race over to little ol' Trinity and her father and in the end, I'm the one taking care of you while she's nowhere to be found!" She said through gritted teeth. "She's your daughter but I'm your daughter too! You've always put me to the backburner and made her the first priority no matter what! I had to deal with your bipolar disorder since I was like five, mom! Five!"

Sevyn took a deep breath and stood up from the hospital chair, "She and her father ran away from you while I had to deal with your bullshit all alone and I'm over it."

She gave her mother one last look and wiped her tears away, "You lost a daughter."  

Sevyn turned on her heels and exited out of her mother's hospital room.

'''

"Good morning," Kyra said in a sing-song tone. 

She walked into the bedroom with a small smile on her face. Trinity stared at her as she hummed and began tidying up the room.

"You got dick again?" Trinity smirked stretching and throwing the sheets off of her. 

She had on his t-shirt and basketball shorts.

"I think I'm falling for him sis," Kyra sighed dramatically, flopping on the bed next to Trinity.

"I'm so happy for you," Trinity cooed, "It's crazy because you were just telling me you want a man and look at you now, glowing."