Escape the Night 9

FINAL CHAPTER!

monica's pov

we kept running and running until we got to our little hang out area. Nikita, Matt and Joey barricaded the doors. We go to the map and look at it, "Should we pull it off?"Nikita asked and I nod pulling the map off the wall.

Maddison and Nikita see the back, "the back!"Maddison says and i rush to the small table and face it down showing the back side. Matt reads the story, it says we need to find these life stones (that are used to keep the Carnival Master alive) and destroy them with the cleansed artifacts.

It says that the first artifact is held at the stump, however if we are caught by one of these zombies we will be taken to the cemetery where two of us have to come save them. if not saved in five minutes, the zombies eat our flesh. Joey and the rest of the group agree to save each other no matter what.

We all put our hands in and agree, We all knew we lost too many people tonight. We couldn't bare to loose another essential part of the team, even if we were still a big group of six. Mat and I devised a plan, since we knew the map of the town pretty clearly now.

we sneak out and start running towards the tree stump. We get to the stump and Joey pulls out a want, and magically the first crystal falls into Nikita's hands. The next area we had to go to was Fat Mans Slim, we all slowly but quickly sneak there. one of them sees us and we make a run for it.

Most of us slip through, but Mat gets caught. I look out and Mina looks at me, "Well go"Mina says holding my arm, I look at her. "None of you do anything, until we come back. got it?"Mina asked the group and they nodded, "We are getting Matthew back Monica, I'm not letting you end up like us"Mina says.

Mina and I sneak out and go into a small shop without being seen, barley. Mina locks the front door while i look through the back, i tap her shoulder, "Through the Witch's Lair and across the bridge"I say and Mina nods, "You're a smart cookie"She says.

I nod and we try going through the back, but zombies lurked there. "Two minutes"I say and we make a run for it through the front. We get chased, but get out of their chase quickly. I hear Mat's cry for help, "Mat..Matthew i'm here"I say silently touching one side of the mausoleum.

Mina touches the other side and Mat opens the door, I sigh happily. He hugs me tightly, "Thank god, I can always trust on you"He says quietly. One of the zombies see us and we make a run for it. We make a run for it and ended up together in Fat Man's Slim. Joey and Nikita let out sighs of relief. While Mina and Maddison hold the door closed.

Joey, Nikita and Maddie go upstairs to find the hood and noose. The rest of us held the door shut. They come down and tell us the hangman's hood actually disguises the wearer to look like one of those zombies, and Joey volunteers to be that person.

Matt wraps the rope to make it easier for Joey to use, while the rest of us guard the doors or went upstairs. "Mina, Maddie keep an eye on the door. Mat and I are going upstairs to help Nikita"I say and they nod keeping watch.

Mat and I go upstairs and help direct Joey, but jesus they are a lot of zombies. All the zombies kind of linger around joey as he ties the rope around the three poles creating a triangle shape. Once joey finished we guide him to the middle and suddenly a box opens behind joey. we guide him to the box, zombies still lurking around him.