Ch. 13

Be prepared for excessive fluff and tooth-rotting sweetness.

Also tired!Peter, and dad!Tony.

Because I can.

To be fair, Tony hadn't expected the kid to try and fall asleep on his shoulder. So when Peter's head hit his arm, he stiffened in surprise, making Peter jump, scooting away, and apologizing profusely. "I'm so sorry- I didn't mean to- I'm so sorry-"

"Hey," he cut in, laying a gentle hand on the teenager's arm. "It's fine. You used to do that a lot, kiddo, so I'm used to it. And Pepper says I'm a really great pillow."

Peter blushed. "Sorry, I just didn't think- I thought-" then his eyes fell to his lap. "I didn't mean to, cause I didn't think you'd be comfortable with that."

"Why wouldn't I be?" Tony asked gently. "I really don't mind. I like it, in fact. I let everyone think affection repels me, but secretly I'm just as cuddly as a stuffed bear."

He was pleased to see his joke made Peter smile slightly. "With that said," he leaned back against the cushion, "would you like to use me as a pillow? You look pretty tired."

Peter eyed him warily, looking extremely conflicted. "I shouldn't fall asleep. I have school tomorrow-"

"I don't bite," Tony added gently. "And May said she'd call the school, and tell them you're not coming in. She also said you can spend the night here."

Peter flushed. "Are you sure you don't mind?"

"Absolutely. Now come here before you nod off where you sit."

Hesitantly, the teen leaned back against him, head resting on Tony's chest.

He still remained as stiff as a board, so the billionaire rolled his eyes fondly, and wrapped his arm around the boy's shoulders, pulling him into a more relaxed position.

He fit into the spot as if he had never left.

Peter absolutely melted when Tony started playing with his hair, giving a soft hum.

"So that's how you get sleepy teenagers to fall asleep," he said softly after several minutes. "Lots of cuddles."

"'M jus' tired, Mr Stark. Not asleep. I c'n hear you."

"I'm well aware, kiddo. And for goodness sakes stop calling me Mr Stark."

"'M not gonna call you Tony. 'S disrespectful."

He repressed a sigh. "Fine. Just no more Mr Stark. It makes me feel old."

"What should I call you then? Dad?"

He ignored the way his heart leapt at the word. "If you want, kiddo. Only if you want."

The teenager's sleepy mumble was barely decipherable. "D'you want me to?"

He leaned his head against Peter's. "If you're comfortable with it, then yeah, kiddo. It would be just fine with me."

Maybe more than fine, he added silently.

"M'kay. Gonna sleep now."

He smiled softly, hesitantly pressing a kiss to his son's hair, waiting for the inevitable awkwardness.

But it never came.

Instead what came made his heart do somersaults, and he had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from smiling.

"G'night dad."

Tony wrapped his other arm around his son, feeling his world right itself at last.

He felt a sense of peace that had been gone since the morning his kid was given to his aunt and uncle.

"Goodnight Pete."