Dertien

Andy 

"Rye is taking your boyfriend on a date." I announce when I sits down across from Jack in the canteen.
He looks up with a curious look on his face, "Explain."
"Okay so, apparently Rye and Brooklyn agreed to meet up yesterday, but Rye was a no show and now he feels guilty. So he's taking Brooklyn to some kind of dinner in town where they're going to eat burgers and do math." I tell him the relevant things I picked up from their conversation.
Jack nods, looking a bit upset, but not because Rye is taking Brooklyn out as Rye is straight and Brooklyn is in love with him. "Brooky never told me Rye stood him up." He exclaims, if only he knew it was my fault Rye stood Brooklyn up. It makes me feel guilty, but then again, I was just helping him out. How could I have known? "I am sure he just didn't want me to get mad at Rye, but he should've told me." Jack mutters.
I offer him a it's okay type of smile and say "At least Rye is making it up to him. Never heard of him even taking a girl he likes to dinner." It's weird how he had a secret girlfriend and no one ever saw him out on any dates. If anyone had the whole school would've known in a second, everything the football boys do publicly is common knowledge right away.
It does seem to make Jack feel a bit better, "Yeah, that's really nice of him." He agrees. "I do wonder what he did though, his hands looks like shit." I tense up at the mention of his hands, I don't like lying to my friends. I only ever do it to keep birthday presents or things alike a secret. But this is not my secret to tell, it's Rye's. He clearly struggled enough telling me, I can't go around telling others now. That would just be wrong.
"Yeah I don't know." I mumble and take a bite of my sandwich.

Jack and I are on our way to our lockers to get our books for after the break, but a big group of people are blocking the way. "What's happening?" I stand on my tippy-toes in hopes of seeing above the crowd, but I am just not tall enough. "Come on Jack, tell me." I beg the tall Irish guy.
Jack shrugs and looks down at me, "It's just Harvey, he's just turned Loren down when she asked if he wanted to try again, apparently he's already seeing someone new and now she's yelling at him." So that's what entertains the stupid low life's of our college? Other people's relationship drama. That shit's entertaining on tv, it's none of our business in real life. I am about to turn around when I notice Rye is watching too. He's got a poker face on, but he's clearly tense and seems he's waiting for things to escalate. He's ready to jump in between if he'd even suspect his best friend is in trouble. "She just called him a fag, apparently he told her he was into boys too and that's why they broke up." Jack is clearly shocked by the scene playing out in front of him and I wish I could see it. "I can't believe she's just outed him." He gasps.
Then the crowd starts to part and I see Harvey is trying to make his way through with teary eyes, but a fierce look on his face. Loren how ever is having none of it and launces herself at him, but before she can do anything Rye's there the hold her back, to protect his best friend. "I don't care you're a girl, I told you that if hurt him again and I would break you." Rye says in a low growl. Again. It's the keyword, the word that makes it clear when Rye was so tense and so ready to attack, this has happened before. Maybe not exactly like this, but in some way shape or form it has happened before.
"Oh fuck off." Loren yells out and tries to push past Rye who keeps put, his fist are balled into first though and after yesterday I am not sure how long he's gonna stay put. I don't think he'd ever hit her first, but when it comes to defending Harvey I am certain he'd commit murder.
"This is wild." Jack mumbles and I can't watch this anymore, Harvey just got outed and Rye is clearly fuming, this is bound to go bad. "What are you doing?" Jack questions as I start pushing through the crowd.
"Getting Rye." I say and just as I grab Rye's arm Harvey yells out for everyone's attention.
"I am not going to Loren decide the narrative of this story, of my coming out." He says fiercely and I can't help but be proud of him. She tried to make him shut up, feel bad, but he's being loud and proud. That's taking back the power. "I like boys, I like girls and everything in between, but why should that matter? Why do I have to put a label on it? I love and I love love. Right now I am seeing a guy, that's why Loren broke up with me, cause I told her I met a guy and he made me feel new things. Okay? And I like him a lot so if you guys want me to feel bad about that I won't, I never will. I am still the same guy and I hope you guys can still treat me the same." He states and gives everyone a thumbs up. "Now one more thing before I got English." Without another word and shocking everyone he pulls Mikey Cobban out of the crowd and kisses him.
All around me people let out shocked gasps, butall I can focus on is Rye's reaction, he looks so shocked. I guess Harvey nevertold him either. 

Ik this is real fkn short but I wanted to update and well I liked ending the chapter here so deal with it ig 😇

Sooo someones had a secret boyfriend...

Cheers
B :)x