First Day of Sophomore Year

Sam's POV:
It was the first day of high school and I was ready to start my Sophomore year off on a good note. When I was done getting ready, I walked to school and met up with my friend Valerie. "Hey Val." I said as I walked up to my BFF. "Have you seen Danny yet?" she said with an exited look plastered on her face. "Well.... seeing as I just walked through the door, no." I wasn't to worried about Danny. He was the one guy that you didn't want to get mixed up with, and somehow he had almost every single girl in the school eating out of the palm of his hand. He's been to juvie twice in one year, stole a motorcycle and got away with it, not to mention that he got a tattoo when he was twelve, and cheated on three girls at once. So, yeah I didn't really care.

"I think he got hotter over the summer." Val said with a smirk. I laughed and rolled my eyes playfully at her. While Val was busy daydreaming, I caught the sight of Danny and his friends bulling some defenseless geek out of the corner of my eye. "And speak of the devil." I said to Valerie while motioning to the, very common, scene. "Oh my god! He's walking towards us! Be cool! Be cool." Valerie said quickly before leaning up against a locker. I laughed at her again before getting my books pushed out of my hand. My head shot up and I immediately saw Danny casually walking away with his friends trailing behind him like nothing happened.

"Hey! Watch were you're going!" I yelled at him slightly frustrated. Danny turned around and smirked at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there, princess." He said sarcastically as he walked up to me. Danny has called me princess ever since 7th grade, and I hate it when he calls me that. "Stop calling me that!" I shot back at him. As he got closer to me I felt my cheeks turn a bright shade of red. He looked deep into my eyes. "Why not? It suits you." He said with a devilish smirk. His eyes were a piercing bright blue and filled with lust and desire, and I couldn't help but stare back into them.

After that small staring contest he turned around and left with his friends trailing behind him.

I shook my head slightly to snap back to reality. I picked up my books and leaned against the lockers trying to forget the fact that Daniel James Fenton just practically flirted with me.

"Omg! Sam, Danny just bumped into and flirted with you!" Exclaimed Valerie with a wide grin across her face. "Don't remind me." I said with a small smile, for some reason, rolling my eyes at the fact. "Wait, what if he likes you?" Valerie said smiling like a mad person. "What?! Danny? Like me?! Val, I think you've lost your mind. There is no way in hell, that Danny Fenton could like me." I said denying her thought. There's no way. Right? I thought to myself as me and Valerie walked down the hallway.

Danny's POV:
I see Sam hasn't changed a bit. Still that anti-social, feisty, goth girl that I can't seem to stay away from. I never thought that I would want to tease her so bad. I wonder if she likes me. The way she blushed when I got close to her was adorable. But a girl like Sam would never fall for a guy like me.

I mean, I've had girls faint over me. Hell, I've even had girls bail me out of juvie! I never once had a problem with getting the girl I want to fall for me. But when it comes to Sam... my dignity, class, and confidence practically flies out with window. What is this chick doing to me!

When the bell rang, I walked to class and realized that "my little princess" wasn't here yet. I took a seat next to Tucker because I had nothing better to do. The late bell rang and I saw Sam run in the classroom, clearly out of breath. "Well, well, well. Looks like princess is late to class." I said while smirking trying to get her attention. She rolled those beautiful amethyst eyes of hers at me and I winked at her. She sat next Valerie and ignored me for the whole class period while all the other girls couldn't stop staring at me.

I didn't know how to get her attention, but I wanted it desperately.

Sam's POV:
I was late for class, which was just perfect. Of course, Mr. Lancer gave me the death stare when I walked through the door. "Miss Manson. It's the first day of Sophomore year and you're already late to your first class." He said with stern look on his face. "I'm sorry Mr. Lancer I had to run back to my locker." I said hoping that he would cut me some slack. "Miss Manson, before you come to class you have to make sure you have everything before you walk through the door." He said scolding me. "There for I'm giving you a detention."