Chapter 61- Whatever it takes

We both walked towards the parking to take his car and drive to my place since it was really closer. And two things clashed with each other in my mind at the moment. I couldn't wait to talk....and I couldn't wait to rip those clothes off him and feel every inch of his skin.

I was breathing hard, short and controlled to keep my feverish building desire in check. I was perhaps so on the hatch here that I thought if he would touch me once more, I would lose it right here itself and kiss him senseless.

God...that back...those shoulders. That breathtaking face of him.

Just we were about to round way to the parking, a single resident was standing, face nervously looking around the area. Ethan cleared his throat and approached the distracted resident.

Pulling his all too known commanding voice, he said, "Dr. Turner and I are going to get some paperworks ready, that's all."

The resident jerked back in surprise and immediately looked down under the gaze of the attending. His eyes were still reeled as if he was drunk and he glanced between us once before saying, "Okaaaay?"

I bit my lips so hard to keep the laughter inside.

Hold it.

We entered the parking space.

Hold it.

We neared the car.

Hold it.

I threw my head back and laughed so hard that it echoed across the lot in reverting manner. I slapped my hand over my mouth to keep the noise down but moved it out immediately to exhale out. My breaths came in quick gasps between my unstoppable giggles. Tears gathered in the corners of my eyes, threatening to spill over.

"Oh god...oh god.....you are so bad at being subtle." I said, covering my mouth again. His face...goodness that face when he informed the drunken resident. Jesus. I burst out again.

He placed a hand on the hood of his car and scowled at me, "What are you talking about? I played that extremely well."

My cheeks hurt so hard and I perhaps did a thirty crunches equal calorie burn there, "Please...he was drunk." I giggled again.

He pried my hands off my face and looked down with darkened eyes, "Let's see how much you laugh when I repeat day before yesterday's activity."

My smile died down immediately.

-XXXXXXXXX-

I unlocked the apartment door and peered my ears to scan if Elijah was inside or not.

There was no sound and the whole place seemed empty. I dashed inside and dropped the load of Sienna's bag I was holding. Before moving out, I made sure to take that bag from her. It was already squirming and trashing and when I zipped it open, three small figures sprawled out into the living room.

Ethan had yet to see them but I lead him straight to my bed room, while he trailed a few steps behind.

I opened my door and flickered a light switch. My room wasn't messed up like Jackie's. Everything was arranged neat and tidy end to end. Only the pile of medical books which got jumbled up with some Kresley Cole's books lied piled up below one of my shelves. I groaned, "Uh, don't mind my apartment."

"I don't give a damn about your apartment."

I looked back to see his eyes fixed on mine as he kicked the door shut.

Two things. There could be two things. Talk....or....

I flicked the light off, allowing the moonlight from the windows to cast its illumination inside the room. My back hit the wall near the shelf as I watched him. His gaze never left mine, as he stepped closer dangerously.