Here's another Halloween update! Enjoy!
. . .
- One 10-ounce bag marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Orange and yellow food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1. Spray two mini muffin pans with vegetable oil spray. In a large saucepan, combine half of the marshmallows with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the chile powder, cumin, coriander and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and cook over moderate heat until the marshmallows have melted. Stir in enough orange food coloring to dye the marshmallow orange. Stir in 3 cups of the rice cereal. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups and pack it down with lightly oiled hands.
2. Wash and dry the saucepan. Add the remaining marshmallows, 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook over moderate heat until melted and smooth. Pour half of the melted marshmallow into a heatproof bowl and stir in 1 1/2 cups of the rice cereal to make the white layer. Add the cayenne and yellow food coloring to the marshmallow in the saucepan and stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of rice cereal. Using lightly oiled hands, mound the yellow mixture on top of the orange layer, packing it down to firmly attach it. Top with the white layer, tapering the mixture to a point so the crispies resemble the conical shape of candy corn. Serve or store overnight in an airtight container.
. . .
Credit to foodandwine.com for this adorable and yummy recipe! :)