Chapter Three

Cela sat in the leather passenger seat within her father's car, her gloved hand tapping against her thigh impatiently. Her face twisted into a scowl as Cela listened to Dad and Cecelia singing along to, the worst song in U.S history, "Boom Clap." Furthermore, Cecelia can't sing to save her life. Neither can her father.

  "Boom clap the sound of my heart!"  Cecelia sang in an overly pitchy voice, as if she was trying to annoy Cela on purpose (which might have been the case). However, she had every reason to be angry with Cela. For one she had dragged her sister to the mall to work on a piece of machinery that Cecelia does not care about, nor cares to fix. Secondly Cecelia did not come of her own free will. Cela recalled their conversation perfectly. Which was very interesting to say the least.

  Cecelia had just come out of her father's study looking both annoyed and worried. Her cheeks were a beet red, possibly from either anger or embarrassment. When Cela had approached her, however, her expression immediately turned calm and indifferent. It was almost unnerving. As if she had spent years learning how to mask her emotions when in the presence of others.

  "Hey Cela," she said her voice shaking slightly. "how long were you out here?"

  Cela arched her right eyebrow at the question. "No, why?"

  Cecelia shrugged "Sue me for being curious." There was a sort of coldness to her voice that Cela hadn't heard before. "Now did you need me for something?"

  "Well yeah I just-"

  "Spit it out already!" Cela could have sworn them air around them changed, as if it was crackling with electricity.

  Cela looked at her sister in surprise. It was normal for Cela to lose her temper, but Cecelia....it's almost impossible. Her version of 'being mad' is mildly scolding those that opposed her. Yelling at others out of real anger just doesn't happen.

  Cecelia seemed to take notice of Cela's surprise and calmed herself. Taking long deep breaths and slowly clenching and unclenching her hands. "I'm sorry I'm just.....what did you need?"

  Cela took time to form her sentence correctly, so she could avoid another outburst from her sister. "I wanted to ask if you could help me repair a camera in the mall."

  "Yeah um no. It's not happening," Soon Cecelia's phone beeped from within her pocket causing her to quickly take it out before continuing to speak to Cela. "Even if I wanted to help you the owner can just call the maintenance crew to fix it." Then she began typing on the small device.

  "So, you're not going to help me at all?"

  "Nope."

  Cela soon took her sister's phone right out of her hands and held it over her head. Thus making it impossible for Cecelia to reach her cell phone.

  "Come on give it back!" Cecelia whined like a little child and attempted to reach for it, only to realize that it was pointless.

  "I'll give it back if you help me."

  "Okay just give it back!" at this point Cecelia looked desprate, trying to retrieve her phone.

  Cela eventually gave it back, but she saw a something on Cecelia's phone that gave her many questions. A few words that should have opened up file on Cecelia's phone, if Cela had clicked on it. The title read: Resistance Files.

  "What was-" 

  "Nothing Cela. Just a game, a really complicated game."

  "Hey you okay kiddo?" asked her father snapping Cela out of her thoughts. He looked down at her with a warm smile that almost made Cela want to say what was on her mind. Almost. She knew that whatever was going on with Cecelia was connected to her dad. Her sister always behaved strangely after long talks with him.