Chapter 12: Disturbance (vol.scallions)

After that, Dou Xun waited for Xu Xilin before school every morning.

Class One's people were shocked twice. One first, and then another.

The first one was that ever since the midterm, their first place, which the 'little emperors' in the class originally took turns being, became a certain pig's personal territory. No matter big tests or small ones, said animal always was in the lead, so ahead that no one could see him. Not just his back––even his hooves.

After that, Dou Xun gained another nickname, "*Dou Xian Er". Of course, as time passed, the honorific title was gradually warped into "Read Bean Paste". But this is a story for another day.

*Dou Xian Er: Can be either "Deity Dou" or red bean paste. yep.

The second surprise was that Deity Dou was revealed to be living under the same roof as Xu Xilin.

Everyone expressed their high opinion of Xu Xilin's powerful existence––even such a cold, high up Dou Xian Er could be lured in by his charm!

The best part was that even he couldn't explain exactly how that happened.

Even Wu Tao, when he heard it, expressed his admiration bitterly.

At first it was a very honorable thing for Xu Xilin, but he quickly found out afterwards that this 'honor' was a bit heavy.

The first was that sleeping in was not possible anymore.

One day, the unusually late for work Ms. Jin Xu found out that Dou Xun would copy down English international news while he listened to it every morning. After he finished an article, he would dutifully help Ms. Du water the flowers. When he was done with a long one, and finished watering the flowers, Xu Xilin would finally stumble down the stairs.

Xu Jin was instantly outraged. She dragged Xu Xilin aside and lectured him, "You're full of laziness––I'm too tired to yell at you about that, but is it right for you to make somebody wait for more than half an hour? Even a popular girl can't be this late on a date with her B-plan!"

Xu Xilin was wronged, but he couldn't say it. He actually had told Dou Xun a long time ago that if he was up early, he didn't have to wait for him. He could just go on his own. But Dou Xun was abnormally clingy on this aspect, and insisted on waiting, why was this his fault?

Ms. Jin Xu put a house rule in place the next day: The dining room's latest admission for breakfast is at 6:40 am. The ones who sleep in do not deserve a meal.

Also, Xu Xilin somehow became Deity Dou's manager at school.

Responsible for receiving all requests from everywhere, at any time.

"Can you borrow Dou Xun's physics notes for me?"

This was Tsai Jing, so Xu Xilin had to do it, as unwilling as he was.

"Can you ask Dou Xian Er to help me copy a small extract on this round's blackboard?"

This was Yu Yiran, and to avoid pissing her off, Xu Xilin had to do as she asked.

"Xiao Lin Zi, Xiao Lin Zi," Lao Cheng ran over creepily, "Help me borrow Dou Xian Er's expensive palm, I want to read if immortals' palms are different from us mortals'!"

Xu Xilin: "Get lost!"

"Xu Tuanzuo, help me ask Dou Xian Er for his weekly journal."

"Why is Dou Xian Er's answer different than everyone's on the fourth section's last question? The math yellow leaflet's? Xiao Lin Zi, please go ask him."