But, I've made started making peace with the fact that as long as the people in this world remain uneducated on the subject then it won't change anytime soon. Complaining about it is like watching paint dry; useless.

      My attention is averted to Xavier as I hear him clear his throat. "The rain has settled." Is all he says before starting the engine.

      It's a pity we didn't make it to town, but it was pleasant spending time with Xavier. Even if we didn't talk half the time.

      "Uhmm," I started, turning to face Xavier. "Is it alright if- if," why the fuck am I being so awkward? He turns to face me, raising his eyebrow waiting for me to continue. "Is it alright if you pick me up tomorrow morning and take me to town? If you can't then that's fine too, I can fully manage on my own. You know what, It's alright do-"

      He stops me by raising his hand. A smile has crept onto his handsome face. I can tell the smile is genuine because it reaches his eyes, making them twinkle. "I'd love to take you to town tomorrow morning, Love, but only on one condition." His smile subtly turns into one of his famous smirks.

      If I haven't been staring at him, I wouldn't have noticed the slight colour change of his neck; it's become considerably red since he's started talking. Is he nervous? I avert my eyes down to my sleeve covered hands and can't help but smile at my subtle observation.

      "Scar, Love, aren't you going to ask what said condition might be," his voice holds a slight undertone of something that I can't quite put my finger on. Nervousness, maybe? No, it can't be. Why would he be nervous, it's not like he's about to ask me out or anything.

      I clear my throat and right my posture, "Xavier," I start, "what might this said condition entail?"

      Xavier let's out an almost unnoticeable breath, "Well, Love, I will only take you to town if you promise to not be so difficult with me tomorrow, and if you agree to let me go with you."

      There it is, that cockiness that somewhat draws me to him. his undertone of arrogance isn't off putting for some strange reason that even I can't understand. I should be turned off by his tone; his request, but I'm not. I like him, that's why. I like his personality, it's refreshing and I enjoy teasing him because I know he'll tease me right back. The people of today are so serious, you literally can't say anything without someone getting offended, it's honestly very annoying and exhausting. Seriously, why do people always have to be so serious? I'm not going to lie, I know I'm serious most of the time, but know when not to be.

      "Xavier, Love, I don't think that I fully agree with your terms. I don't think I can tolerate you long enough to allow you to join me with what I need to do and for your request, I'm not difficult at all, I just enjoy arguing, with you especially." I think mocking him has become one of my new favorite things to do.

      He looks away slightly, as if to compose himself, "Well, my fine lady," he clears his throat and squares his shoulders before continuing. "Do you believe it possible for a creature possessing otherworldly beauty, like yourself, to at least consider allowing a troll, like myself, to accompany you on your quest taking place the day following today?"

      I had to fight with all the strength within me not to laugh at his goofiness. "Well, I guess I might consider it; suppose I say yes, just keep in mind that I too have some conditions if I allow this troll before me to tag along." I am fighting, with my entire existence, not to laugh at this very moment.

      Xavier flashes me one of his signature smiles and squares his shoulders once more, "Challenge accepted, Love. I will comply to those conditions if that means I get to bother you for a whole day tomorrow." He smoothly adds in a wink after voicing his answer.

      This boy is suave isn't he? I fail to fight the smile growing on my face, without much thought I blurt out the first thing that come to mind, "Fine, but I will chase you away if you don't stick to my conditions."

      He arches his eyebrow, "Okay, but I don't know what those conditions are, Love." He glances at me swiftly, before returning his focus to the damp road, waiting to be driven on.

      I almost say something rude, but swallow the words before they leave my mouth. "You have to keep your questions to a minimum of five. Don't smirk more than twice. No cocky comments about anything and most importantly, don't be late."

      I stare at the side of his face for a few minutes; he's thinking about my conditions. I can practically see the wheels in his head turning. He nods his head once, twice then a third time and briefly makes eye contact with me; excitement clear in his grey eyes. I have this sudden rush of excitement flow through me, I feel energised because of the simple fact that he said yes to what I told him to do. In attempts to reduce the dosage of adrenaline coursing through my veins, I focus on the soft murmur of the engine and the subtle tap of rain on the windshield.

      I hope we don't stay here for too much longer. I have to get home before dark purely because of Syd. After our parents passed away, she started having really bad anxiety when she was alone after nightfall. I remember this one specific incident vividly; I was out on a date with Timothy and I lost track of time. I still remember her trembling body laying atop the bottom stair of the porch, her breathing rigged and uneven. When I reached for her I almost couldn't breathe, the look of fear combined with panic was so clear in her eyes that I decided then and there that I do not want to see her in that state ever again. I slept in her bedroom that night; well I couldn't bring myself to sleep at all. I stayed with her, until the black of the sky diffused into colour.

      She told me, when she woke that morning, that she had an anxiety attack. She ran outside needing fresh air because the empty house felt too crammed with the silence. That is when led her to her episode, she couldn't - still can't- handle it. That's why I need to be home before sundown. My sister needs me. I don't think I'll be able to handle seeing her in that state again. I know I can't handle seeing her in that state. The only emotion she should feel is happiness. She's already felt enough pain to last a lifetime.

      A warm hand wraps itself around my shoulder, shoving once. I move in the direction of the force. Did Xavier just push me? I right my position, turning my gaze to where his hand still rests on my shoulder.

      A laugh dominates the space around us, forcing my head to look at its source. "Why are you looking so serious, Scar, lighten up." I shrug his hand off, fighting the urge to laugh.

      "Why did you shove me so damn hard, did you want to send me flying through the window?" I fail to hide the amusement in my tone. To be honest I find it so funny that he thought to shove me. I have yet to meet someone like him.

      We've only truly known each other for all of one day. Sure, we went to the same school and I knew who he was before our meeting in the forest, but I've never truly said much to him when he was with Emily. Not before last night. He's older than me, hence the lack of interaction between us after he and Emily broke up. Yet I can't help but feel close to him. I feel like I've known him for years instead of just one feeble day. He's different compared to everyone I've ever met in my existence; definitely a good type of different.

      I don't actually know why him and Emily broke up; all I know is that one day they were together and the next they weren't. I didn't bother questioning her on the matter, I didn't hold any desire to know what happened unless she told me herself.

      "I just wanted to loosen you up a bit, Love. You were looking so focused it started to bore me, and that says a lot because I don't become bored that easily." Xavier is really a tease, isn't he?

      I jokingly roll my eyes, "Whatever." The words coming out in a laughing tone.

      I should give him a taste of his own medicine. So, I shove him back. He wasn't expecting me to shove him, I can see so much from his expression. His startled state only lasts for a few minutes though; he's already laughing, shaking his head. Unfortunately I couldn't get him to move as much as he moved me; he's practically made of steel!

      His warm hand returns to my shoulder and he squeezes it gently, only once. "Let's get you home before the rain acts up again." He drops his hand from my shoulder and turns the truck, driving in the direction of my house.